1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

:lol::lol:

Honestly, they should have kept her alive just to give the show an unpredictability vibe again. The "zombies come out of nowhere / / main characters kill them all as haphazardly as possible // and the scene ends" pattern is getting stale. To top it all off, no hot chicks in this ep..

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  2. imatlas

imatlas Well-Known Member

You don't think that a 10 year old seeing "walkers kill people left and right" for years wouldn't be fucked up? I thought it was one of the most realistic aspects of the show, the idea that some people deal with crazy situations by...going crazy.

1 person likes this.
  3. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

Yes, my post was a knee jerk reaction to how it all went down in this episode. It was clear lizzie had major problems since before the zombie apocalypse, and this just fucked her head up even more.

4. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

I think Tyreese is horrible. He's either confused/concerned or angry. Even though it's not current, Shane was an awful actor and he lingered for too long. His bad acting was not only in his voice, but you could see it in his face and body language. The worst part is that he lived so much longer in the show than he did the comics. Rick's character is acted averagely well, but different in a way that makes the character less likable. He draws his words out in a way that's too exaggerated, and he seems too simple. The comic rick was not really that smart of educated either, but had a bit more charisma. I think another problem is that the show highlights the wrong characters too often. I don't think the audience cares too much about what is happening to Tyreese, or the blond teen who is with Daryl. There are a lot of filler episodes that develop characters who no one really cares about, who are also played by bad actors.

I still enjoy the show, but all these things make it more of a popcorn TV show. It could just be better.

5. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

I'd probably give up and immediately shoot myself if I had to kill a girl. fuck.

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Do Conne and I count as girls?

7. acidboy

yes, but you're my girls. and you're not the cray-cray like that little hija de puta.

8. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Well-Known Member

The execution reminded me of Of Mice and Men.

2 people like this.
  9. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Well-Known Member

Regarding Tyreese, to be fair, that's pretty much how the character is written. I think Chad Coleman does a decent job, but he's not given much to work with or do. I think they botched his introduction, and think he should have joined Rick's group at the prison from the very beginning.

10. acidboy

Mr. T would be a better Tyrese

1 person likes this.
  11. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

Tyrese is a terrible character. It's not the actor's fault.

Other than Carol and Dale, and maybe Glen and Maggie, everyone can die and the show would be better for it. They should pull a Mad Men - shit, we've written ourselves in a corner and have a bunch of characters and storylines that utterly blow. I know, let's have the best characters leave and start a new agency.

lefty

1 person likes this.
  12. imatlas

Fuck it, why not just start over with a completely new cast in a new scenario. It would be nice to see what is going on in another corner of the planet.

13. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Weren't there rumors of spin-offs along those exact lines a while back?

14. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

They're both dependent on and limited by the source material. Had they started out with following a few groups - much like they're doing now - you would have had a generic post zompocalypse show along the lines of Resurrection which isn't very good.

I have no idea how close they are to the comic now. I tried to read it, but quickly grew bored.

lefty

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  15. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

Yes, there will be a spinoff show with a different group in a different part of America.

16. imatlas

The show has diverged pretty far from the comic, although the references to Terminus may be an attempt to converge a bit. The comic sucks balls - the art is lousy, the story just sort of rambles along with little to no over-arching narrative or themes. Irregardless, I'm hooked on it. I've even read the crappy tie-in novel, "Rise of the Governor".

1 person likes this.
  17. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

I read my share of Star Trek novelizations back in the day.

Yeah, the comic is pretty bad.

lefty

1 person likes this.
  18. acidboy

maybe a sitcom spin off... like a story about a walker who's pretending to be alive living in terminus trying not to get caught. or a person and a walker living in an apartment trying to work their friendship out....

2 people like this.
  19. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, bro.

20. imatlas

Great idea. "Can two zombified men share an apartment without driving each other crazy?"