1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

Was hoping to come in here and see rave reviews. Guess not :(

2. VaderDave

VaderDave Well-Known Member

Zach (Beth's out-of-nowhere love interest) might as well have been wearing a red Star Trek uniform.

3. dcg

dcg Well-Known Member

^Agreed; made a similar comment while watching with friends.

+1 on this being a letdown (and I was one who actually liked the S3 finale). I think we're past the point where a scavenging mission gone bad adds anything we haven't seen before.

4. VaderDave

Any thoughts on what happened with the Where's Waldo kid at the end of the episode? Any connection to the dead pig? Any significance to the totally glossed-over eyes when he reanimated?

5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

I assumed they were just undermining working assumptions (both for the characters and for the audience) setting up a new tension point around the fact that the virus apparently now can now attack and kill/turn live people (just like they introduced the concept in Season 2 that folks can carry the virus and turn upon death even if they haven't been bitten).

6. VaderDave

A friend on another forum reminded me that Daryl shook hands with that kid earlier in the episode, and then licked his fingers.

7. lawyerdad

I'm disturbed by how closely your friend watches Daryl. :)

8. VaderDave

That is kind of disturbing, now that you mention it. :confused:

9. dcg

dcg Well-Known Member

It was pretty obvious when it happened. And he licked his fingers before shaking hands.

2 people like this.
  10. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Watching the premiere now. I forgot how stressful this show can be.

11. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Wasn't into it. I'll stick with it (especially since I just shelled out for the iTunes season pass), but I hope it gets better.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  12. John Doe

John Doe Well-Known Member

This is not satisfying my Breaking Bad jones at all.:angry:

13. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

Mediocre opener, pretty predictable.

14. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

He liked his fingers first.

15. lawyerdad

You people are creeping me out.

16. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

Yep.

My guess is the food supply is tainted. Maybe someone is trying to sabotage them by feeding the pigs dead walker meat.

Air-borne version of the virus? That wouldn't make sense though, show would be over after one or two eps.

1 person likes this.
  17. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Funny, I assumed that the dead and sick pigs suggested some sort of swine/human influenza. The kid just got sick, slipped in the shower while ill and reanimated normally.

I know I should get over it, but considering that the writers are trying to show that the survivors have been fortifying/prepping for walker combat, I can't help being annoyed by the lack of basic precautions.

They still walk around without even basic clubs. They have time to grow a fucking garden but they don't all have a spear/club with their name on it with them at all times? And why in hell wouldn't they lock down the cell blocks at night? Or make a perimeter of cars around the fence to keep walkers from piling against it?

meh.

1 person likes this.
  18. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

Fuck me, I hate this show.

Can someone explain how 20 fucking zombies wandering aimlessly on a roof manage to avoid the soft spots until just the right moment? Oh right, shitty writers.

lefty

2 people like this.
  19. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

^ Yeah, that was pretty egregious. If the roof was that rotten, a military helicopter crashing on it would have brought it down before a zombie footstep.

I usually have no problem suspending disbelief, but that scene was hard to swallow.

20. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

That scene bugged me as well, same with that random woman. After all this rick's really going to risk his life over some woman who is very obviously trying to pull one over on him.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.