1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

The grand pit plan for one. How'd that work out?

I can't remember - who did he save them from? A few random bad guys? Themselves? The whole idea of the Alexandrians as Eloi is ridiculous - they would have to be a lot bloody tougher to get this far.

lefty

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

How long into the Apocalypse is this supposed to be? How old is Judith here?

Kind of agree w/ lefty - how long have the walls been up and they've yet to face any threat? Really? No maurading raiders until the Wolves all show up on Rick's tail? Seems like Rick is the one bringing real destruction and horror to these people.

3. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

552 days though it seems longer.

lefty

4. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Well-Known Member

Although this is something a lot of fans have already speculated on, maybe the plan is to have Daryl take Glenn's place? I could see them doing this scene

[​IMG]

and just as his bat hovers on Glenn, have him stop at Daryl. If anything, it would actually be a ballsier move, to kill off the "internet will riot" character.

5. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

The only way that will happen is if Reedus wants out of his contract, which is conceivable as he could probably walk into any movie.

lefty

6. El Argentino

I believe Reedus' contract is up at the end of this season (?)

7. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

Could be a fun and shocking way to get him out of the show. Though I think people would revolt.

If he's smart he'll stick to the end. A lot of TV actors fizzle when the jump too soon.

lefty

8. flandering

flandering New Member

These three - Rick, Daryl, Glen - can make or break the show in my opinion if either of them gets killed off. Well, we all know people just can't get over Glen's supposed death.

9. suited

suited Well-Known Member

Rick, and possibly Daryl, are Tony Soprano. Killing them off before the end of series wouldn't work well.

10. El Argentino

We all know what happened when Michael Scott left The Office.

1 person likes this.
  11. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

He saved them from the handful of zombies that made it in when some dumbass Alexandrian forgot to shut the gate at the end of last season; a handful of zombies that the Alexandrians were completely incapable of handling themselves.

I'm sure you're a strategical mastermind like General Patton, but, most people aren't, and overall, Rick has done well as the leader of his group.

If you want to see a good movie where the hero never makes a bad decision, never gets hurt, and executes every plan flawlessly, I'd recommend Under Siege 2 starring Steven Seagal.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  12. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

Under Siege 2 was great. Stuck on a train that can't stop, Stevie Segal has to prevent Barry Champlain from using a secret satellite to destroy the world.

1 person likes this.
  13. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

Hell yeah one of those rare instances where the sequel is better than the original! Probably some of the best cinematography I've ever seen as well, being able to make someone standing perfectly still seem like he's kicking 3 peoples' asses at once.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  14. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

Seagal is great.

It was one of Rick's group - Gabriel - that left the gate open in the dumbest manner possible.

It's not about them being Rambo, but you have to admit that it seems kind of crazy that they are so incompetent in the middle of a zombie apocalypse when they have scouts fully aware of what's going on outside.

lefty

15. suited

suited Well-Known Member

Speaking of Seagal, this showed up on my youtube feed yesterday. Starts talking Seagl at 14:50. An interesting interview as it relates to firearms in TV/film.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  16. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

I also enjoyed HARD TO KILL and MARKED FOR DEATH

17. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Reach back, tip the dumpster forward so the opening falls around you with the lid flopping open. It crushes a bunch of zombies and creates a little fort that protects you from the rest of them until they get bored and wander off.
    Duh.

Racist.

Err, did someone say something about temper tantrums? For what it's worth, I find lefty's comments more entertaining, and in some instances insightful, than those of some other posters. And how is nitpicking not discussing the show? Is there a thread on this site where people don't nitpick some aspect of the subject matter to the nth degree or where part of the schtick isn't the nitpicky back-and-forth between partisans of particular viewpoints?
    Do cops get to kill people for failing to follow lawful orders?
    Do you have to be a Jedi to use a lightsaber?
    Is there a single NBA player who deserves a max contract?
    Is it OK to use saddle soap on shoes?
    Does NY suck?

1 person likes this.
  18. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine did a show with Seagal. Intense contract negotiations over how much they had to vertically compress him to make him look thinner. I believe they settled on 12%. Made two shots a challenge.

lefty

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  19. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

The only thing that can save The Walking Dead is if they all start wearing black suits, all the time.

20. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

Nuke it from orbit could also work.

lefty
    Some?

Nuking it from orbit could also work.

lefty