1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. bwonger06

bwonger06 Well-Known Member

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

I could've sworn 3-4 major characters were bitten during the swarm but suddenly 2 of them were fine afterwards. Am I wrong?

3. Teacher

Teacher Well-Known Member

I could've sworn 3-4 major characters were bitten during the swarm but suddenly 2 of them were fine afterwards. Am I wrong?

At first I thought the other cop (can't remember his name) got bitten, but I think that was someone else. You'll notice that the camp had a number of people who rarely spoke. They are, for all intents and purposes, the "red shirts," if you will.

4. gladhands

gladhands Well-Known Member

Crazy theory: First of all, I know nothing of the comics, and avoit spoilers like the plague. I wouldn't be surprised if Merle somehow corralled the zombies in the back of the truck and drove them to the campsite.

5. Teacher

Crazy theory: First of all, I know nothing of the comics, and avoit spoilers like the plague. I wouldn't be surprised if Merle somehow corralled the zombies in the back of the truck and drove them to the campsite.

Probably not, but it would make for an interesting plot twist. I say "probably not" because I don't think there was any sort of divider to keep them away from him. Still....

6. gladhands

gladhands Well-Known Member

IIRC, it was a box truck. There has to be something to keep the cargo out of the cabin, right?

7. thats.mana

thats.mana Well-Known Member

Merle doesn't exist in the comics.

8. bcate3

bcate3 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that I like the shown so far, especially the group tension subplots.

Spoiler alert: I was sorry to see the end of the free-riding, abusive husband, however. I think there were some good story lines to be explored. There's still other sources of drama -- the love triangle and the racists hillbillies, for example - but they are sort of standard fare.

9. velobran

velobran Well-Known Member

Last night finally turned on some heat with a zombie attack at camp. Amazing how they are all expert shooters and can put a bullet between the eyes of a swaying zombie 10 - 15 ft away with guns they aren't even familiar with (the guys using the police artillery).

10. Teacher

IIRC, it was a box truck. There has to be something to keep the cargo out of the cabin, right?

If it's the van they took into the city on the previous trip, there was a big opening between the cabin and the back. They were all talking to each other. That was when the black dude (I don't know any names yet) related the story about dropping the key.

11. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Good theory. The only flaw would be that he would have no way of knowing if his brother was around or not. BTW, Merle is not in the comics at all.

12. Jr Mouse

I'm enjoying it a lot but I wonder where they expect to take this 3-4 seasons on.

They have an easy 4 seasons worth from the comics alone. If they keep adding new material it could be more.

13. pruppert

pruppert Well-Known Member

I was on the edge of my seat at the end of last nights episode...

SPOILER: when that lady's sister got bit in the swarm and died. There wasn't too much so far to determine the time line between getting bit and being a zombie (I think the black guy with his son said the fever took his wife, and may have mentioned it, but i didn't remember). Anyways, she bleeds out, and her head turns towards her sisters hand, which is right next to her head/mouth. Thought there was a chance she was going to bite her sister up after a quick transition to a zombie...

14. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Probably not, but it would make for an interesting plot twist. I say "probably not" because I don't think there was any sort of divider to keep them away from him. Still....

Herding zombies would be like herding cats.

15. thats.mana

The rules in the comics are that the zombie bites' kill you because of infection, whether or not you're killed by a normal person or natural causes you will come back as a zombie in this universe. I'm not sure how long it takes for someone to turn into a zombie but it's not instantaneous.

SPOILER: when that lady's sister got bit in the swarm and died. There wasn't too much so far to determine the time line between getting bit and being a zombie (I think the black guy with his son said the fever took his wife, and may have mentioned it, but i didn't remember). Anyways, she bleeds out, and her head turns towards her sisters hand, which is right next to her head/mouth. Thought there was a chance she was going to bite her sister up after a quick transition to a zombie...

16. Jr Mouse

thats.mana that's spoiler material for people who have not read the comics. If they include it in the TV show, you would have ruined a big surprise. I read the comics, so it's not a big deal to me, but please be considerate of others who may not have.

17. Travis Lear

Travis Lear New Member

wow! that was the creepiest and ugliest creature I've ever seen... can't wait to watch this movie..

18. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Last night finally turned on some heat with a zombie attack at camp. Amazing how they are all expert shooters and can put a bullet between the eyes of a swaying zombie 10 - 15 ft away with guns they aren't even familiar with (the guys using the police artillery).

I've watched a few episodes, but I thought the writing in this one was really terrible (as opposed to just mediocre in the previous ones). They abused the viewers' willing suspension of disbelief. After all of the time spent emphasizing the constant vigilance and preparation of the people of the camp, suddenly they're all so relaxed around the fish fry that a whole brigade of zombies can shamble onto them undetected? Lame. And the whole socially conscious vatos-love-their-abeulitas-too bit was incredibly ham-handed. Deep down, we're pretty much the same, except of course white trash racists and wife-beaters.

19. thats.mana

thats.mana that's spoiler material for people who have not read the comics. If they include it in the TV show, you would have ruined a big surprise. I read the comics, so it's not a big deal to me, but please be considerate of others who may not have.

You know I thought about using the spoiler imbed but being at work and doing homework I kind of had a mental slip. But honestly if you're really interested in the show you'll eventually do some research and figure out that the show is pretty much standalone. It would be cool to see them do the darker story lines from the comic.

20. Jr Mouse

You know I thought about using the spoiler imbed but being at work and doing homework I kind of had a mental slip. But honestly if you're really interested in the show you'll eventually do some research and figure out that the show is pretty much standalone. It would be cool to see them do the darker story lines from the comic.

You will get plenty straight from the comic, but they have said that they want to mix things up were it makes sense. What you let slip is something that I would be surprised if they don't include in the show. It was one of the more interesting moments and revelations of the comic.