1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Voice

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

:bigstar:

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Anyone still watching? The title is Danielle's to lose.

3. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Well-Known Member

Finally watched this show because I have always liked Tessanne Chin and wanted to see how she would do. She didn't disappoint.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  4. imatlas

imatlas Well-Known Member

How are you familiar with her? Are you a big reggae fan?

She was phenomenal.

5. Ambulance Chaser

Tessanne is this season's Judith Hill. She will be a front-runner until the viewers turn on her for being a professional.

6. Rumpelstiltskin

Been listening to reggaemusic since before I could walk.

She has an older sister that sings named Tami Chynn but Tami is just a pretty girl with a weak voice and she mostly sings hooks on dancehall songs. Tessanne was the younger, chunky sister but she surprised everybody with her vocal range when she released Hideaway about 7 or so years ago. Not a studio singer, she preferred to play with a band and had no problem singing live. Since then has released a smattering of songs and she appeared at any little venue that she could but never really gained more than a core following. Over the last couple of years she has released a couple of one off songs with Shaggy but still was a relative unknown outside of the reggae crowd. She sees herself as more than just a reggae singer and seems to gravitate towards rock so her choosing a song from Pink seemed appropriate. Just being on the show is a great move for her, a win-win situation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Rumpelstiltskin

I had to hit "the youtubez" to figure out who she was. Good lord Judith can sing! When I saw her first clip I was hooked on her voice as well as her rendition of that song

[​IMG]

And the battle with Karina Iglesias? Good god!

[​IMG]

At 26 she had the decency to not jump at all the offers made to her once Michael Jackson died but instead chose to put in old fashioned work in order to hone her craft. After his funeral the general public really didn't see her and she faded away into obscurity.

It's crazy that she was cut but I can sort of understand the "too professional" complaint. She has a voice to kill for, poise on stage, a body of a runway model, face of a print model plus she sang with MJ. She is the entire package and a marketer's dream. It is almost unfair for her to compete with an 18 year old kid that has been singing in the shower and the occasional karaoke. But you know everyone loves the underdog.

Tessanne is about the same age as Judith and has performed for an even longer period of time. If the judges keep going on about how perfect she is and how professional she is, I can see it hurting her just as much as it hurt Judith.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  8. Rumpelstiltskin

9. Rumpelstiltskin

I like Tessanne but she is starting to sound too predictable

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  10. Rumpelstiltskin

11. Ambulance Chaser

I expect Tessanne to be crowned the Voice tonight.

12. Rumpelstiltskin