1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Well-Known Member

I picked up a wool flannel suit. I'm happy with it for how much I paid

Did you get a matching waistcoat? I got a flannel suit, too, but the waistcoats were all gone when I went Friday.

2. jaac

jaac Well-Known Member

I would suggest people get their T's in the same size that they get American Apparel in. I went TTS and they are too big.

The shirts are cut fairly different though, the uniqlo v's i have are really short in the arms.

3. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Well-Known Member

Dropped by the NYC store on Saturday. By 10:30 a.m. there was a line 40-people deep across the first floor for folks to see/shop the new winter collection, which arrived Oct. 7. Didn't have the patience to check it out. Anybody go?

4. Desi

Desi Well-Known Member

Did you get a matching waistcoat? I got a flannel suit, too, but the waistcoats were all gone when I went Friday.
    this. happened to everybody.

5. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience with their flat-front trousers? I know their non-denim pants generally only come in even sizes, so I'm wondering if the waist has any rooms for adjustments like other trousers do. I usually take a 33, but would probably need a 34 if the trousers only come in even sizes.

6. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

Are there still proxies in NYC for Uniqlo? I'm trying to get my hands on one of the reversible jackets in blue (+J) XS.

7. SPK

SPK Well-Known Member

^ those were gone first day i think

8. Desi

Desi Well-Known Member

^ those were gone first day i think
    the first hour! They probably will restock so your best bet would be to call and place on hold (if possible) before sending a proxy out there.

9. tkte3tu

tkte3tu Well-Known Member

Also looking for a proxy. Any recommendations?

10. pseudonym

pseudonym Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get my hands on one of the reversible jackets in blue (+J) XS.

What's the hype with this reversible jacket?

I saw the display version in-store, and it was meh.

11. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

I think the hype was that it looked cool in photos, and was a fairly original design. Kind of sad to hear it wasn't that great in person.

12. Desi

Desi Well-Known Member

I was never huge on it but the jacket had to do something right. It was swiped off the mannequin and the "Display Only" rack fairly quick.

13. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

I stopped by on Sunday. The line was surprisingly not bad. The wait was maybe five minutes, which is the only reason I went in. I wasn't blown away or anything, but I do think the +J stuff is great for the price. They had wool blazers with a clean, structured cut for $180. Plenty of sizes were available, too. They had some really nice wool/mohair pants for $79 or $89. Lots of flat front pants in muted colors made of thick cotton with a slight shine. I was most impressed by the button downs. Surprisingly nice cotton and nicely cut. Generally they had smaller collars and some had hidden plackets. I forget the exact price but they were fairly cheap. Everything looked sleek and clean, just as you'd expect.

Dropped by the NYC store on Saturday. By 10:30 a.m. there was a line 40-people deep across the first floor for folks to see/shop the new winter collection, which arrived Oct. 7. Didn't have the patience to check it out. Anybody go?

14. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Well-Known Member

I read in the old thread that they did phone orders, but they were hard to get a hold of. Do they still, or is a proxy the only way I'm going to get my hands on some of this stuff?

15. mejoshua

mejoshua Well-Known Member

I read in the old thread that they did phone orders, but they were hard to get a hold of. Do they still, or is a proxy the only way I'm going to get my hands on some of this stuff?

They should still be doing phone and e-mail (customer.orders@uniqlo-usa.com) orders. E-mail orders involve an additional phone call for your payment information and they take a couple of days to respond between e-mails. A proxy will probably be faster but will cost a bit more. When +J comes out in Uniqlo's UK online store you could have a proxy order what you want online and ship it to you.

16. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

Last time they didn't take phone orders for the +J stuff. Don't know if this is still the case.

17. dune

dune Well-Known Member

Weird to see people talking about the huge lines. I dropped by like 6 times at various times of the day during fashion week, and even though it was busy at times it was never really crazy or anything.

18. bombers

bombers Well-Known Member

They should still be doing phone and e-mail (customer.orders@uniqlo-usa.com) orders. E-mail orders involve an additional phone call for your payment information and they take a couple of days to respond between e-mails. A proxy will probably be faster but will cost a bit more. When +J comes out in Uniqlo's UK online store you could have a proxy order what you want online and ship it to you.

Do they charge for tax outside NY and how much is their shipping cost? (I'm assuming you're in the US)

19. mejoshua

mejoshua Well-Known Member

Do they charge for tax outside NY and how much is their shipping cost? (I'm assuming you're in the US)

I don't know. I only attempted to order some +J items from S/S 2010 but they told me they were out of stock.

20. hwai333

hwai333 Well-Known Member

anyone has pics of the reverse side of that reversible nylon jacket ? does it look a bit like a junya blazer ?