1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Well-Known Member

Probably their regular merino wool ones

2. lemonpotty

lemonpotty Member

I really like the easygoing, relaxed feeling that the UU t-shirt cut provides. Does anyone know a t shirt with a similar cut in the <$20 price point?

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Can anyone comment on how the selvedge stretch hold up with prolonged wear? They fall apart? For the most part uniqlo stuff has lasted a long time for me.

4. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

I have the selvedge stretch skinnies ( I believe the MIJ ones) and have not had any issues. I've had them for about a 1.5 years and wear them regularly.

5. Coldsnap

Anyone got problems with Uniqlo returns taking awhile to process with banks?

1 person likes this.
  6. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Well-Known Member

^^^Yes. Followed up w/ Qlo yesterday about my return taking so long for an initial UU purchase. (In addition to them taking $$ for the return label, even though I did not use it.)

7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

Yes always. They have the worst customer service of almost any company I know… and even the $25 codes I hassle out of them for repeatedly fucking up don't really make it worthwhile.

8. NonChalant321

NonChalant321 Well-Known Member

I have the Warm Tech Down Coat from last season - it looks to be the same iteration. It's very warm - I've had other Uniqlo down coats that looked nice but fell short in terms of warmth. Not this one. I consider it money well spent and it did the job even during the coldest days last winter.

FYI - I'm located in New Jersey by the Hudson River (close enough that I can actually hear police sirens on the West Side Highway in Manhattan) - so same winters and I don't consider myself to be more cold tolerant than the average person.

Another FYI - From what I felt in the store, the outer lining of this year's iteration seems to be a slightly different from the one I have. Not sure, but it felt a bit less "stiff" but also slightly thinner and light. Not sure how much that would affect its functionality. This is a trend I seem to be noticing with all of the Uniqlo coats though. Recent peacoats feel less sturdy and "thinner" than the 2010 one, as does the mountain parka.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  9. Arnold Grape

Should I buy one of these Blocktech Fleece things to wear to and from a gym or should I wait until next week for Black Friday - they're on sale at $30, but I'm cheap.

[​IMG]

10. LA-718

LA-718 Active Member

^^Me also being aboard the cheapo train (lol), I'm gonna hold off purchases until this weekend to the next. I'd assume they'll have an increased assortment of things that go on sale, or at least some better discount codes for the Black Friday rush.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  11. Arnold Grape

^^^Thx - Ended up springing for the UU Blocktech Parka which is on sale for 100 usd if you use the singles coupon. Prob just wear this as a beater jacket, but the Dark Green color reminds me of something Ervell would use. Ended being way more pleased with the UU stuff than I had imagined at the outset, so hopefully this will work out.

12. LA-718

LA-718 Active Member

Nice, the Blocktech Parka should be a pretty sturdy item considering it has taped seams and nylon. I used the cotton parka from the last collaboration capsule for Tuesday's downpour and remained completely dry so the current season Parka should be pretty reliable as well (in regards to weather capabilities)

13. Darkside

Darkside Well-Known Member

Does the stretch selvedge denim shrink or stretch over time?

14. boned

boned Well-Known Member

If anyone has a line on a 30 in the olive U wool pants pm me

15. CityMap

CityMap Well-Known Member

16. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

Picked up a new pair of skinny tapereds, the white merino turtleneck and burgundy heattech gloves while in berlin, very happy with all of them

Didn't even bother trying out the oxfords after all I've read about them in here hah

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  17. Benjaminba

Benjaminba Well-Known Member

18. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Well-Known Member

How are the men's Skinny Selvage jeans? I'm looking for a cheap bleached/faded pair of jeans with a pretty strong taper (cuff less than 6.5") and it looks like these fit the bill based on the measurements online. Anyone have experience to say yay or nay? Size down required?

I haven't worn anything except raws from 3sixteen and RGT for the past few years...

19. Coldsnap

Hows the color on the grey selvedge jeans? I'd like a pair of grey jeans...

I've worn this hat so much, reminds me something ervell or steven alan would sell. has black leather strap in the back and is comfortable.

wool hat $20

I tried them and they were extremely tapered for me, in the 6.25-6.5" range. I like my leg openings between 7.25", so returned. Otherwise they were nice for a pre faded jeans with rips. Could pass as more expensive fashion branded jeans with good shoes.

20. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Well-Known Member

how did you size? are the uniqlo measurements online pretty accurate? should i account for stretch? I only have a few heattech items from uniqlo...never tried their pants.