1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

When is Uniqlo U becoming available for USA?

2. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Well-Known Member

I think it's October 14th.

3. NYLON

NYLON Well-Known Member

Got mostly basics from the U range. I wonder why they removed the Lemaire collab branding..

Got each color of the Short Sleeve T. The rest looked too simple to consider over. Women's line was again much more interesting.

4. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Well-Known Member

How was the quality of the tees - better than mainline? Boxy like aforementioned?

5. Landscape

Landscape Well-Known Member

Do they fit big/small/normal? Compared to the supima t-shirts and merino sweathshirts for example?

6. Benjaminba

Benjaminba Well-Known Member

TTS for a roomy/loose fit. I sized down from small to xs, because I use it as an inner layer. Fits perfect, still fairly relaxed.

1 person likes this.
  7. CityMap

CityMap Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I got a request from some one who wanted to know all the bombers being offered. So here they are

from left to right.

1. Zara fake-suede bomber. It is much lighter than the other 3. no lining. good for early fall or late spring since its not warm. it's stretchy and drapes well. So far it is one of the two Zara items that I've bought that has held up thus far. (everything else developed holes, piled, or parts broke off)

2. Uniqlo Nylon. A bit puffier than the Zara but warmer

3. Uniqlo fake-suede bomber. I think it is not available in the US yet. comes in tan (above), dark brown, and black. it is significantly heavier than the Zara and the Uniqlo Nylon. Also much warmer. It is lined, all polyester.

4. Uniqlo U. Out of the 4 it is the puffiest and also warmest. I would say it is almost close to the Japanese adidas bomber I'm selling below. I was surprised.

3 people like this.
  8. Phrost

Phrost Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the pictures.

How is the fabric on the Uniqlo U bomber? Is it similar to the thick textured nylon used on the women's mainline bomber/traditional MA-1's from Alpha Industries and the like?

Did the Uniqlo U bomber fit more cropped than the Nylon? The U one doesn't have the sleeve pocket, right?

Between the two, which one did you prefer?

I have the Nylon one that I'm thinking of exchanging for the U one, but I'm not so sure whether it's worth the $40 difference.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  9. CityMap

CityMap Well-Known Member

not sure how the women's bomber are like but the U bomber feels significantly different. Its hard to explain but its got a stiffer, heavier feeling.
    You are right, it does not have the sleeve pocket.

Quite honestly, out of all the Uniqlo bombers, I actually liked the fake suede one the best. I might actually buy it once I sell my Zara (not breathable enough for warm weather, not warm enough for cool weather. it was a nice design though)

between the normal nylon and the U, I think it would come down to how much warmth you need. For me personally, when the temperature dips to a certain level, I'd rather go to my wool coats or my north face.

1 person likes this.
  10. ASpec818

ASpec818 Well-Known Member

Anyone have the new nylon bombers that released overseas? How do they fit? Also is Uniqlo U the same as Lemaire?

Edit nm I see a few posts on them. Guess I need to size an xs. 5'5 135lb

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  11. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

fake suede bomber is now on the US website. If anyone cops please post a review!

12. adeniran

adeniran Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how the ribbed mock neck sweater fits? Should I go TTS or a size down? A lot of the photos on the UK site were very boxy\relaxed in terms of the tees\sweaters, so I may go for a size down...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  13. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Well-Known Member

I thought I remembered it fitting slim and long. (The measurements are on the U.K. site.)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  14. killerfrenzi

killerfrenzi Well-Known Member

Uniqlo shirts (non-slim) consistently fit me pretty well. Anyone know of any other good brands that have shirts in similar fits?

15. zunkido

zunkido Member

The lambswool sweater looks very nice. It's a puzzle to me how they can sell it for under $30. Wow.

[​IMG]

16. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

^ That's because it pills like crazy and is a bit scratchy.

17. adamdurbin

adamdurbin Well-Known Member

18. jhwendland

jhwendland Well-Known Member

That's a pretty hyperbolically harsh statement. I snagged one of their lambswool crewneck sweaters a couple years ago, and although it obviously wasn't the finest piece of knitwear I've ever purchased, considering the price, it's quality was rather impressive.

19. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

I have never had anything from Uniqlo pill so badly as to complain on a fashion board.

Unless you're not rotating between wears in which I am sorry.

20. Werbert Hest

Werbert Hest Member