1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

Can anyone with a crystal ball tell me if those ultra-light linen sweaters will be making a return soon?

2. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

I'm looking for some of those s/s lemaire shirts as well...seersucker or the striped versions in various colors in an L, really want white though. Shouldn't have slept on the sales

3. boned

boned Well-Known Member

Was really digging this knit until I saw it was 85% acrylic [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cashmere blend Chesterfields are on the site. Texture looks cool; a little hairy.

Also just a guess, but is are these Lemaire's mainline? Very reminiscent of some pieces in the previous collabs.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/me...html#32~/men/featured/new-arrivals/t-shirts/~
    http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/me...html#03~/men/featured/new-arrivals/sweaters/~

The square thread holes on the buttons also feel like an indicator on this one:

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/me...html#69~/men/featured/new-arrivals/sweaters/~

4. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

^ No, those aren't Lemaire. That Milano Jacket has been released in previous F/W seasons. That Mock Neck Sweater is actually nice in person, but $100 for Uniqlo cashmere = no way

Also agreed on that knit sweater -- they're actually pretty coarse/thick in person, but it shed on my dress shirt when I tried it on. I'd cop only if you're wearing a dark tee/shirt underneath.

The Chesterfields are similar to last year's, but the back length is much longer this season.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  5. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

The slim selvedge jeans in black or white are really good this season especially for online price.

6. JilSlander

7. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I got a few pairs of those in the mail today and they are pretty good. How are they going to stretch out? I got a 29 and 30, I'd like my 29 to stretch out to fit like 30.. seems like they might.

9. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

I put my comfortable elastic waist twill shorts in the dryer and they shrunk a whole damn size. Beware. :(

10. boned

boned Well-Known Member

Everything seems to shrink like crazy nowadays. My ankle socks look like they're from Baby Gap.

1 person likes this.
  11. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Well-Known Member

12. JilSlander

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I'm into it. I see some arcteryx and PATRIK ERVELL pieces in there.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  14. Phrost

Phrost Well-Known Member

@JilSlander I checked out the Gap bomber recently and I was let down. The fit is slightly billowy and it's got some heft to it, but I was not a fan of the fabric. A lot of the fabrics on Gap's clothes did not feel good to me.

I've been let down by a lot of the new stuff Uniqlo has as well. I don't remember the flannel shirts ever being that thin and flimsy. Things like the cotton boat neck long sleeve shirts felt rough to the touch.

I think the Wool/Cashmere Chesterfield coat is a little bit of a downgrade from the one I got 2 years ago.

I like that the lapels are wider and the coat overall fits a little bit looser. However, it's longer and reaches just above the knees, making it look more formal. The one I have from 2 years ago hits closer to the middle of the thigh.

From the photos, the Lemaire bomber jacket, Blocktech parka, and textured lambswool sweater are the standouts.

15. JilSlander

^ @Phrost

Agreed on the Uniqlo Chesterfields. They definitely increased the front/back length of the coats this season. If they kept the length to mid-thigh, I'd consider grabbing one.

Sorry to hear about the GAP bomber. What about the fabric didn't you like?

16. gq_style

gq_style Member

i was really looking forward to buying the camel chesterfield this year, but your reply worries me. does anyone have any fit pics from this season or opinions ? does it really run down to the knee now ? mid thigh is what i'd be interested in. i'm 5'10 if that matters and 165. would a medium be good or would a small fit better ?

hopefully someone will be able to put up some actual pics as i don't have any uniqlo's near me and would have to order online.

17. JilSlander

^ I'm 5'7 and tried on the Medium Chesterfield from this season. It went past my knees.

Fabric seems a bit thinner than previous seasons too.

18. adamdurbin

adamdurbin Well-Known Member

19. Andurew Choi

Andurew Choi Well-Known Member

I've been looking to get a pair of black stretch selvedge denim, because I accidentally hemmed my other pair a little too short. Can anyone give any details on how their slim selvedge denim fits? I have larger glutes and quads, but i still like slim fitting jeans, just not skin tight. I wear about a size 33 on Japan blues Hi-Taper fit. I wear size 34 in unbrandeds UB-455 fit. Or if anyone knew of measurement chart, that would be awesome.

Thanks

20. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

I squat and have been wearing Miracle Air skinny fits for the past half a year. The thigh measurements on the website are correct.