1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. savsg

savsg Member

Fuzziness on a suit does NOT make a suit more casual. Its a natural characteristic of wool flannel fabric. If it makes you nervous maybe you need to start looking to purchase from another retailer that is selling super 120s wool suits.

2. Richmondfrank

Richmondfrank Active Member

Sorry to clutter the thread but just a thank you to Crohnoes for his proxy services. I used his services previously and was very impressed. Cheaper than everyone else I spoke to and prompt delivery. I recommend him highly for all your Uniqlo needs.

(There is no proxy feedback thread anymore so I thought this would be the next best place, seeing as he is proxying Uniqlo)

3. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

your friend doesn't know what he's talking about. flannel is absolutely classic.

4. savsg

savsg Member

+1

If he's the guy that made you return your Tasmanian wool suit then he really doesn't know what he's talking about. A Tasmanian merino flannel suit for that price is an absolute steal and your friend has just made you miss out big time.

5. Master Milano

Master Milano Well-Known Member

Lol are there any more white planket shirts left ? hopeful, need it tomorrow..

6. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

I tried on the +J peacoat today at the Beijing store. The quality is good, but the fit is kind of boxy so I passed on it. It is more of a straight fit rather than a slim fit.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  7. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

Wish I knew why Uniqlo loves high buttoning points so much because I'd be set on suits if it wasn't for that. Looks ridiculous.

8. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

I'm actually going to be in Beijing in about 2 weeks for an internship and was hoping to see some of the +J stuff in person. Do you happen to know if they are doing restocks or am I gonna be sol?

9. anonymouz

anonymouz Well-Known Member

I'd say it's closer to medium gray. It's certainly lighter than charcoal

10. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Rad, thanks.
    PM'ed! :worship:

11. richardwallace

richardwallace Well-Known Member

what about the "+J Wool Tapered Trousers B" in 80% Wool, 20% Polyester? .. what do people think of this fabric compared to the flannel? im assuming its a more traditional suit material? is it nice?

also, if the tapered trousers are hemmed to 29-30", will a lot of the taper be removed? how much? i'd be worried that the small leg opening makes these unsuitable for work/interviews/formal.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  12. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Well-Known Member

Duffle Coat is pretty warm. I think it's warmer than my Sterlingwear Peacoat.

13. jwjp

jwjp Well-Known Member

I initially got the tapered flannel trousers, but they were too tight imo. Almost a good fit, but for a suit I'd rather get a more classic shape. Tailoring them won't get rid of much of the taper, they were quite tight on my calves. I've ordered the straight fit ones, and will get a more gentle taper put in on them.

14. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Found out that they no longer accept phone orders. Who can do the proxy in the US? Thanks.

15. pseudonym

pseudonym Well-Known Member

This +9000.

I could get a Uniqlo suit for <$200 and scrap the whole "college student needs suit for interviews/etc.", but the buttons are so high.

16. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

I can't wait to wear my heat tech shit again.

Is there a +J duffle coat this season? I thought I saw pictures but don't see it on the website.

17. Master Milano

Master Milano Well-Known Member

fit pic when it arrives? :satisfied:

18. cloonz

cloonz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

$230

19. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

It's 3/4s length right? Not waist?

20. cloonz

cloonz Well-Known Member