1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. CityMap

CityMap Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just last month I bout the camouflage sweatpants. Was inspecting it today and noticed this right in the crotch area! the fabric already coming off! Only worn it a few times (perhaps 5?) and haven't even washed it yet (its snowing here). :(

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  2. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

^^
    I know it's uniqlo, but that's still pretty weak.
    I'm trying to figure out what the fact that it's snowing has to do with not washing things though?

3. CityMap

just means its not stink yet ;)
    i dunno how often you guys wash your joggers or sweats (the one above, I don't use for exercise, just lounging in the house or walking to somewhere nearby)

4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

I'm just going to go on record and say this.... while I do have a decent sized rotation of stuff, I've worn most of my items many many times (40-50 times?) over many many years (I have stuff that's 7-10 years old) and have almost never had anything actually fall apart or disintegrate etc. I've done one or two tiny crotch repairs on jeans and a couple of loose hem threads and buttons, but seriously, I have no idea what you people do in your clothes to make this shit happen.

Also, maybe related, and don't get all ewww on me, but I mostly just shake out and wipe/dust/lintroll my stuff and put it away, I probably only wash every 2-3 wears for a shirt and 7-10 wears for pants. Cold water wash and never put in the drier.

It it the way you take care of your stuff (wash/dry)? Lifestyle differences (I sit a desk, walk around town, etc maybe you're doing parkour?), maybe your stuff doesn't fit properly?

And to add why that's relevant, it's because most of my stuff is actually Uniqlo, and some H&M, GAP, etc with a smattering of the buy it for life SF approved stuff, but my point is most of it was cheap and wasn't expected to last very long but it's all held up just fine.

2 people like this.
  5. CityMap

No idea. I mostly sit in the office, or sitting in my room when wearing the above sweatpants. If I do anything active, I wear my adidas.
    I wash using a laundry bag and usually hang dry my clothes.

The only thing could be size. This one is an S. I normally wear M in Uniqlo's standards, but the gf highly suggested I get the S because it looked better.

-update-

Went to Uniqlo and they gave me a refund. I am very surprised as I didn't have a receipt. They just took it.
    Very unusual in Japan as most companies are very anal about returns.

6. NYLON

NYLON Well-Known Member

Uniqlo for USA is a 2nd time coming (after the 1st failed venture) & I'm sure they know what they are getting into for risk of opening too many against demand.

However, the article did not mention much -if at all- of it's online sales which definitely supplements their P&L.

Still, 'QLO appeal lies in it's basic clothing and i think their strength lies in the marketing of it's affordable Tech and her collaborations.

7. johanm

johanm Well-Known Member

Chicago seems like a tricky place to figure out where to open a flagship store. Chicago-based posters can correct me if I'm off base, but I'd guess that Uniqlo target demos don't do much shopping on Michigan Avenue, and it's not a city where there are masses of shopping focused tourists all year round like NYC/London, nor is there a huge Asian/Asian-influenced population like in California.

8. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

There's definitely an Asian crowd here. You should see Zara on Black Friday. Lots of tourists hit up Mich ave though, and for locals its very easy to get to Uniqlo via the train to do some shopping.

9. CityMap

10. wsj1994

wsj1994 New Member

Anyone have intel on the "Miracle Air" Skinny Fit Jeans?

It says something about woven with fibers developed by Toray and Kaihara

11. ASpec818

ASpec818 Well-Known Member

Really digging the current flannel shirt release. Feels more fitted than their other current casual shirts, and material is good. Need to pickup a few more. The heavy flannel feels nice and thick, but I wish the checkered patterns weren't as wide.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  12. Flaneur

Flaneur Member

Just visited my local Uniqlo store, intending to grab another pair of last year's best-ever jean--the "slim/straight/low" in color #68--for my current professional look of choice: solid sport coat, fun patterned dress shirt and pocket square on top and dark denim down below. Despite owning way too many ties, I seldom wear them to work, so as not to be "putting on airs", as only the CEO at the hospital where I work wears ties.

Anyhow, while initially excited at the hype of the "Miracle Air" skinny jean, which they had in my preferred color, this cut really says "Rockstar" vs. "Jacket Friendly Professional" to me. The helpful sales staff checked around, and my desired config from last Fall seems to no longer be offered.

As the selvedge aspect of the "Miracle Air" skinny seems to be the biggest hype point, I can only conclude that they're skewing more 20 vs. 40 as their target age.

FWIW, the "slim/straight/low" jean they *do* offer is--as far as I can tell--only available in a stiff selvedged, lighter blue denim that is hard--if not impossible--to carry off into hemi/semi/demi Professional looks.

If you can handle the Rockstar knee-down skinniness, the "Miracle Air" in color # 68 is a beautiful thing.

13. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

All their jeans are zipper-fly these days, yes?

14. Renalan

Renalan Well-Known Member

The stretch selvedge pair I have is zipper fly.

15. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Miracle air skinny fit...not really a fan. Just very thin material. I think it is aimed at places where it is very hot and everyone wears shorts.

Stretch selvage skinny fit...I like the fabric, not stoked that it comes only in grey and black. Would like variations of blue please.

But nothing compares to the skinny fit with the "kaikakaiakaiakiri" fabric from recent seasons. Those were really nice.

The skinny fit color ones are not nice. The fabric is pretty thin and meh, more like leggings. Those are $39.90 retail. The $49.90 retail ones have better fabric.

16. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

Is there an equivalent to the slim fit tapered that was out a couple seasons ago? All I see is skinny / straight / slim

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  17. leipergrey

leipergrey Well-Known Member

I really liked the loose fit tapered jeans, I thought they would be offered again this season. Hopefully the 501ct fit similar.

18. lineate

lineate Well-Known Member

I recently bought a pair of the black Miracle Air jeans and have been wearing them pretty solidly since. They're amazingly soft and cozy. I don't get the cooling thing though. It's been pretty miserable in London recently and I don't feel like they leave me any more cold than normal jeans.

19. planetarium

planetarium Well-Known Member

they only have them in heattech at the moment
    SAs at the local 'qlo didn't have any info, but I assume they'll come back for spring/summer
    I definitely hope so because the skinny cut is basically painted on