1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. malcb33

malcb33 Well-Known Member

2. Lollie

Lollie Well-Known Member

I'll be in NY about 1-2 days after the collection is released. About how fast do these things usually sell out in store?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Is Suddenlee still absent or are they back up and running? I can't get the website to work.

4. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

For the people in here wondering about the grana tees, I just picked up a few. The material is thin and i prefer the pima cotton uniqlo one, although I picked up the uniqlo last year and someone said they're thinner now.

The white is somewhat sheer to the point I will be returning it.

With that said the fit on the scoop neck is pretty good. I just hope it doesn't shrink in the wash in length. I'm 6'1" and got a large for reference.

With all the good reviews people had in here my expectations were probably too high. Keep in mind these are $15 tees. It is good for its price range.

1 person likes this.
  5. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Well-Known Member

Can someone PM me a referral code? Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  6. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Well-Known Member

+1

7. jhwendland

jhwendland Well-Known Member

I agree. The Grana tees have definitely been overhyped in here. They're alright, but nothing special. If you're looking to pick up a cheap, scoop-neck t-shirt, Urban Outfitters offers a better option.

8. CityMap

CityMap Well-Known Member

I tried their twill shirts today. some things to take note of

- Sleeve ends a little shorter than usual, becareful
    - Sleeves are also tighter. Even after unbuttoning both buttons, it was hard to roll up. I have very average sized arms.

9. poena

poena Well-Known Member

looking for grana promo invite

10. ptr1988

ptr1988 Well-Known Member

I have a question for the MEN OXFORD SLIM FIT LONG SLEEVE SHIRT, I've been reading the reviews for the casual shirt and they are saying its slim but wide at the bottom... can anyone clarify this? I don't want to order and then resend it back if the bottom is too wide. My size is small if that matters.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/me...320.html#16~/men/casual-shirts/oxford/solid/~

If anyone else have any other suggestions for cheap solid oxford casual shirt (like the ^above) that are silm fit and not wide, let me know please. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

I am 5' 9", 190, larger than average arms/shoulders and a ~32" waist. I have these in an L. The sleeve diameter and shoulder width is perfect, but the sleeves are a little short. The body is definitely wide. I am going to have it either darted or taken in. I think it's worth buying and altering. I don't think you will be able to find a shirt that fits well for that total cost.

12. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

only problem I have with grana scoop necks is they're too short

13. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

You're close to Brooks Brothers territory after alterations.

14. Andurew Choi

Andurew Choi Well-Known Member

I think the Mens wool cashmere coat from the lemaire collaboration looks really nice, perfect for my minimalist feel.

Has anyone worn the corduroy shirts? What is the fit like on them?

15. Mulan

Mulan Well-Known Member

They've dropped the original heat tech fabric on the mock neck for the tech fleece :(

16. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

17. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

I assume you are rather tall. The grana large is long on me, which is what I wanted.

I like the grana t's......sounds like they aren't for everyone, which could be said about anything I suppose. I will be buying more grana ts and probably no more uniqlo ts.

I have had rotten luck with UO tshirts. All the ones I have seen have been so poor. Maybe they are doing a better job these days.

18. Timbaland

@DLester Have you gotten any grana tees from the new batch? They shortened the tees.

19. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

I have not. Why did they do that? What a bunch of idiots.

20. Timbaland

Yea the larges are a little more than 2 inches shorter. I contacted customer service about this as their measurements show 30" for a large. They said they updated the fit and need to update the website. They're a tad short for me but i still kept a couple. Hope they dont shrink in a cold wash and line dry.