1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Isolation

Isolation Well-Known Member

Finally tried a down vest, a year later than everyone else, and now they are all out of stock. =[

2. Stillmaticbeat

Stillmaticbeat Well-Known Member

hows the sizing of the twill shorts?

If I'm a 31 waist...small will suffice?

3. JanC

JanC Well-Known Member

Found a pair of the +J trousers in the Emeryville store in the clearance bin. $29.99 for the charcoal w/ pinstripe. These weren't part of the latest re-release, were they?

4. Takster

Takster Active Member

The charcoal with pinstripe +J trousers are from the re-release for last fall/winter.
    The charcoal with pinstripe +J trousers are from the re-release for last fall/winter.

5. Landscape

Landscape Well-Known Member

What's the difference between the supima cotton t-shirts that come in a 2-pack and the regular ones? The ones in a 2-pack are half the price at 2 for £10, but they're both just mentioned as made of supima cotton.

6. Takster

Takster Active Member

The 2-pack Supima cotton t-shirts are undershirts. These are skin-tight and stretchy.

7. ebong

ebong Active Member

Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the three white slim fit oxfords? How are the lengths, like are they good to tuck in or just leave out?

8. CityMap

CityMap Well-Known Member

there's a sale for airism today for 790 yen
    is there any difference between the normal
    Airism Tshirt

vs

Airism mesh Tshirt?

9. Classified_

Classified_ Well-Known Member

You guys mentioned that their OCBDs are the best thing they make, how do their casual shirts compare? They have some really nice colors, thinking of getting a few.

10. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Their other shirts are decent for the price. I didnt end up buying any. Their ocbds on the other hand compare favorably to others under/around the $100 range.

1 person likes this.
  11. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

The broadcloth shirts fit really funny. Stick with the OCBD and any of the short sleeves. I also got a couple linen shirts but will wait on post-wash impressions before deciding.

1 person likes this.
  12. NYLON

NYLON Well-Known Member

Their mesh AIRSIM has the sporty texture.

I prefer the normal ones.

13. CityMap

CityMap Well-Known Member

is there any difference besides texture and price?

14. Classified_

Classified_ Well-Known Member

*sigh*

1 hour visit in Uniqlo today, all the interesting stuff don't fit well. The boring ones do. Bummer

15. redc2

redc2 Well-Known Member

Can't you buy them and get them adjusted?

16. Landscape

Ah, thanks. Just compared measurements and seems they're a fair bit tighter - but for some reason they're quite a bit longer, which doesn't really make much sense if they're undershirts imo.

Slightly unrelated, but the model wearling normal supima t-shirts is 6'1" and wears a small[​IMG]

17. conqueror

conqueror Well-Known Member

i'm 6'1 and wear a S in pretty much everything uniqlo, although tees are the one exception (M, S is perfect length but too tight on my chest).

18. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

I'm 6' (just barley!) but wear a small as well. I run and exercise a lot so I'm lean, but also pretty long… and the smalls fit well.. also I haven't noticed too much shrinkage (in the shirts that is :lol:)

19. Landscape

Oh well, I just thought it was odd with the t-shirts. The ocbds are way too long for me at 5'9 in a M so I understand with those but their t-shirts in a medium fit me fairly well at 5'9, but body measurements vary of course. I do wish the sleeves were just slightly shorter if they were to fit me perfectly, though.

1 person likes this.
  20. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Well-Known Member

I've been wondering, why do people seem to prefer Uniqlo jeans over Levis? Better fit?
    Out of the current offerings (skinny tapered, slim stretch tapered, slim straight selvedge), which is around same as Levi 511? Should I go TTS? The thigh measurements look fine and I have small waist but I'm worried about knee and ankle tightness.