1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

They just released them. Hold out for a few months.

2. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

The +j vest (sorry @jet [​IMG]) is solid. Perfect to toss on over a light knit and works well with a wide spectrum of fits.

@Ken P pointed out that the chest measurements on the site include the width of the down, so keep that in mind. Thought I might be a medium based on measurements but am definitely a large.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  3. RPMWEST

RPMWEST Active Member

What's your guyss take on Uniqlo's $39 selvedge denim: http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/bottoms/jeans.html

Not only did they buy out the entire production line of ISKO (Turkey Mill that supplies Nudie Jeans) but also much of the Japanese production. Would love to hear your guy's thoughts.

4. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

They're not bad - I would consider them like a "bargain basement" selvedge jean option. There are much better options out there but way more expensive.

5. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

I've got a pair of an older Uniqlo model of their regular fit straight cut Kaihara denim selvedge jeans and they are great. I've been wearing them for 9 or 10 years now and they are still going strong.

I'm not a denimhead, but for my money, if the cut fits you well, then they're a great option.

6. RPMWEST

RPMWEST Active Member

Quote: Yes, the denim qualities they use are on the lower end even though they come from reputable mills.

Quote: Interesting. Didn't know they sold Kaihara denim 9 or 10 years ago.

7. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

:(

8. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

the selvedge is great if you like the cut. honestly, for the value, it beats the crap out of the higher end stuff, which is a lot of marketing anyways

9. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

Yes, Uniqlo used to make Kaihara selvedge denim jeans in Japan (ie Japanese-made jeans, made from Japanese denim). Nowadays, they still use Japanese selvedge denim, but the jeans are made in Bangladesh or somewhere similar.

10. Raindrop

Raindrop Well-Known Member

For the price paid, I think the jeans are great.

11. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Got the black dry tech sweatpants in. I'm a 31 in their jeans and the M fit good.

The silhouette is good. Nice and tapered. Looked good. The fabric was thinner than the windproof sweatpants and was comfy and was "dry tech". It's not as crazy thick as neoprene. It was like a foam. I guess. Hard to describe.

Would wear out to do errands, no problem, but not to anything social or to the mall or anything.

Was it worth $34.90? Nah. Returned it. These things will go on "promotion" for sure. There's also a small logo/graphic on the ankle. Makes no difference, but it's there.

2 people like this.
  12. poena

poena Well-Known Member

how was are the ultra light down jackets? thinking of picking up one of the water defender ones. Will it hold up below freezing? how about with a sweater? How comparable are they to the outdoor brands?

Thanks

13. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

I've said it before but I'll say it again: the rise on the jeans -- specifically the slim selvage indigo -- is too low.

2 people like this.
  14. derv

derv Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the heattex turtle shirt, they are very thin but work well for their purpose especially if you keep the size on the tight side to keep it close to your torso, but wear as an outer shirt? I wouldnt.

1 person likes this.
  15. Cg23

Cg23 Well-Known Member

Im wondering the same thing. Does anyone own the vests? Curious about sizing also. Saw on the site their model was 6'1 wearing size small making me think that although they are super lightweight, they may lean towards running a tad large? Can anyone confirm this?

16. stafa

stafa Well-Known Member

Got the navy dry tech sweats in.. I'll echo what dbear said... decent enough to lounge around in, but wouldn't really wear them out.

I got the light wash in the PBJ and not really sure how I feel about it. Might exchange it for one of the other washes

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I got the dry tech pants too. They are pretty good. Think I might keep the blacks, the other uniqlo sweats that I have are really good but they cling to my twig and berries like long johns. Definitely don't even want to take out the trash in them, but the drytech ones sort of look like dress pants. Reminds me something ISAORA would do.

Oh and most important of all; got a new pair of house slippers :slayer::slayer:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  18. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

How are they to actually work out in / how stretchy are they? Like could you do a split in them?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

If I could do a split I definitely could in them. I don't know about working out in them, they are exactly the same as the nike NSW shit so it seems like it would which away sweat?

1 person likes this.
  20. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

How do you all size on their shirting (esp +J regular fit)? Ive only recently started buying uniqlo but have only gotten pants and have always had to go up 1 size bigger than the measurements suggest. Wondering if I should do the same for shirting (+J and reg fit oxfords).