1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Lollie

Lollie Well-Known Member

Has anyone purchased the ultra light compact down vest? And if so, what is the sizing like?

2. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

Black +j vest came in. Nicer than I expected, and fits slimmer than expected as well. Went with slim oxford size.

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Has anybody had the loose taper PBJ's and given them a decent amount of wear willing to give some feedback?
    For $80 I may as well just grab them but I'm curious how they feel and how good the taper is (the one measurement they don't put online is hem).

4. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

Definitely nicer than expected.

I am trying to decide if it is a bit poofy in the midsection when zipped up due to the pockets.

5. jet

jet Well-Known Member

look atchoo motherfuckers copping my vest lmao

6. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Finally ordered the +j pants and another pair of the loose tapered Pure Blue Japans, plus another ULD jacket. Perfect for layering.

@OccultaVexillum: I've been wearing mine a few times a week for a couple months and washes now and no complaints. Leg opening is 6.5" on size 31 with a decent rise.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  7. flyindarkness

flyindarkness Well-Known Member

The top block is loose, with aggressive taper from about knee down, leg opening measures about 6'' on a size 28.

8. transient

transient Well-Known Member

Got a few pairs of the the +J trousers, pretty solid and cozy as heck for this LA winter. Then the jackets appeared in my size for $99 so I got the black and gray :D:D

9. stafa

stafa Well-Known Member

Do one of you guys with the loose tapered PBJ have a fit pic?

10. OccultaVexillum

Thanks guys. I'm gonna grab the light wash, hoping the wash doesn't look bad in person.

11. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

Hey do they still sell the 'leggings,' the really stretchy jeans? I can't find them on the site.

12. lowk

lowk Well-Known Member

this. or some pics of the jeans in natural light, not sure which wash to get.

13. ryoanji

ryoanji Member

What are your opinions on +J merino and cashmere sweaters? Being an noobie, it is only this year I discovered +J. Reading up past reviews, it appears that outwear was considered the strongest part of collaborations and knits / sweaters the weakest. If one looks at the current one (or whatever remains on the website), all outwear is pretty much sold out together with suit separates, and all that remains is sweaters and shirts. Not as highly regarded? Too expensive for what you get even after 40% off?

I have been to their store and had a chance to take a look at their merino cardigan, very lightweight almost see-though, and very light. Very very soft. I liked the dark navy and brown colors. The fit is Ok - too baggy around the waist, but most of the stuff is for me. I am interested in buying one, but I was wondering what is the SF opinion on +J sweaters? Mostly, durability, quality and value for the price. Thanks so much!

14. jet

jet Well-Known Member

they're good but wait for one more price drop

2 people like this.
  15. ryoanji

ryoanji Member

16. ryoanji

ryoanji Member

Although, from the past experience, how quickly next round of price drops would come? Just a guess, a few weeks away or a month / two away?

17. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I can't tell you about the shirts, maybe fabric is nicer? I might stay away from the really thin ones because they'll probably tear plus the standard efm is great.

Probably in a couple more weeks or so they'll drop.

1 person likes this.
  18. anyone know what the leg opening measurement is on the slim fit chinos?

19. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

20. OccultaVexillum

Got those "loose" tapered PBJ's and they aren't loose at all haha.
    I went down 1 to a 33 based on the measurements and they are all off by .5-1".
    Waist is fine, but the thigh is skin tight and the top block is not loose.
    I'm probably going to return and size up 1 to a 35 but I'm still not sold they will be this mythical perfect fit everybody online is touting them as. Should prolly just buy some Somet's.