1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. innerstyle

innerstyle Well-Known Member

Putting Japanese writing on your labels doesn't make you a Japanese company.

2. Mulan

Mulan Well-Known Member

^And the Japanese on the brands logo doesn't make sense when read. Have they even fixed that?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  3. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

wtf? This post makes me wonder if you've ever even seen their clothing… not at all similar.

Actually it's not supposed to make sense… they did it that way on purpose. :nodding: Superdry is a British company being cheeky as they say.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. Mulan

Mulan Well-Known Member

Did not know that. But that makes sense now that I think about it, considering all the engRish in Japan

5. CityMap

CityMap Well-Known Member

here in Japan, everything is the opposite of the US
    where in the US
    people like Uniqlo over gap, like wearing random Japanese or Chinese words, and people dislike Abercrombie
    in Japan

people like gap over Uniqlo (they think Uniqlo is cheap), like wearing random english words (they think its lame to wear random Japanese words), and love abercrombie.

For innerstyle.. Superdry is British. The words don't make much sense in japanese and it is intentionally done so because its a parody of Japanese Engrish shirts. They even use Chinese words here and there. I've actually owned two superdry tees, but my Japanese friends strongly warned me not to wear it because people would look down on me for wearing such a strange shirt.

1 person likes this.
  6. CityMap

[​IMG]
    I just came back from Uniqlo here in Japan. all the Urban Sweat Jackets are now on discount.. at that conversion rate its about $25 for brand new ones lol.
    the jackets did really poorly here in sales. but the sweat pants were really popular.

7. Kid Nickels

^ That's cool… definitely cheap, but is that the collar-less jacket? I think that's the least desirable of the three IMO. Any of the long hoodies?

8. CityMap

yes it is this one
    http://uniqlo.scene7.com/is/image/UNIQLO/m_urban_sweats_hero_l?$hero_large$

I didn't see the hoodie yesterday, but every thing from previous season goes on sale at some point. If anything it can probably be found at the super large Uniqlo stores.

1 person likes this.
  9. Benjaminba

Benjaminba Well-Known Member

How does the grey oxford shirts look this season? Looking for something like below, but the photos on the webshop are so poor. Seems like the slim fit models have black buttons? And maybe a darker grey?

[​IMG]

10. Landscape

Landscape Well-Known Member

I'm going to buy some Heattech long sleeve t-shirts and long johns to wear beneath sweaters and jeans, but I'm a bit unsure if I should choose the extra warm ones? I'll be biking in around -5 Celsius this winter, which is usually pretty cold due to the wind and such, but at the same time I'll have to be wearing them to class (although a pretty cold class room), so I'm wondering if the extra warm stuff will be too warm here?

11. CityMap

I have the extra warm ones, we had a sale here where it was about $9 USD each.
    all the extra warm ones feel significantly warmer than the regular ones. It because there's a lining inside that feels kind of like a micro fleece.
    for me, I feel like I can take off one layer of clothing as a result
    so right now I'd wear
    long sleeve heat tech (they only make it long sleeve anyways), a sweater, and a wind resistant outer like a puffer. good enough so far.

12. Kid Nickels

Where is "here"? I wear the regular HeatTech even in SoCal sometimes! :happy:

13. Landscape

Denmark. So I'm guessing I should go with the extra warm stuff, at least for the long johns. A bit uncertain if the extra warm t-shirts will be too warm for class.

14. Kid Nickels

Not sure, but I completely understand the "freezing in class" problem. When I was in law school it was like the air con was on full blast year round. Froze my ass off in there!

15. jet

jet Well-Known Member

man i feel you, i'd fall asleep in my game theory class at ucla because it was so damn cold in there loved it

16. hobojones

hobojones Well-Known Member

$1 uniqlo sock bonanza ... most good colorways are gone. Snagged 5 for myself.

17. Kid Nickels

lol I didn't know you were a Bruin! :slayer: I went to UCLA law. Nice man.

18. Landscape

Ah, well at least you had air con for summer. I'm just freezing due to poor insulation of the windows and walls, so during summer you're just sweating.

19. thefastlife

thefastlife Well-Known Member

anyone wear the Airism or HEATTECH shirts as undershirts?

i have NEVER worn an undershirt under a dress shirt at work but i am starting to consider it. my office is always cold - even in summer and my shirts can get scratchy at times.

20. Isolation

Isolation Well-Known Member

I do, but they show under thin cotton so only if I wear some color or sweater or db jacket.