1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. noobedloser

noobedloser Well-Known Member

Man, all the small sizes are out of stock for the +J suits/pants at South Coast already? lameeeeee

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  2. diniro

diniro Well-Known Member

+j grey solid pants restocked 30 and 31.

3. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

Slim for sure… I got small and they worked nicely.

4. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

noob question: I notice the oxford sizing -- whether slim or regular -- varies by season. Can someone tell me how narrow the current slim fits are, compared to the regular ones?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  5. sepp

sepp Well-Known Member

Their slim cut looks slightly skinny to me. Having said that, they carry a skinny cut as well.

Waist 32. Slim cut washed denim below.

[​IMG]

6. Left Eye

Left Eye Well-Known Member

whats the stock looking right now in SF for the suits? won't be able to make it until tuesday :angry:

7. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

hey could anyone in the US proxy me a pair of the black flannel suit pants in a 32"? (in in london, UK- they have them in stock on the US website but won't ship internationally). happy to pay a fee for your trouble...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  8. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

i have not compared w the regular ones but the changes between seasons in the slims is not noticeable.

1 person likes this.
  9. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

^ i disagree with this actually, i think they scaled down recently. last season's small fit my 39" chest perfectly but i couldn't fit in the newer ones.

1 person likes this.
  10. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Not that great. I was there Friday afternoon. They had most items (I think) but it looked kind of sparse already. I would say they didn't have every single sweater or cardigan, but they had a ton of shirts though. It was just basically the first floor in the back left. That area.

I tried on the stuff and it seems to correspond pretty well to standard Uniqlo fits. Nothing is really wortth retail though...just my opinion. Except maybe the pants that everyone is raving about, but I didn't try those on.

Will likely try to get some of the dress shirts when it goes on sale, pretty sure it'll hit sales.

1 person likes this.
  11. jet

jet Well-Known Member

ordered a single flannel bc the other color I wanted was sold out but they're 20 bucks again

hopefully they same or better as last years

12. SP1259

SP1259 Member

Hi, was wondering on the sizing on the ULD vest? Do they run large?

I ask cause on the site the model is 6'1, but wearing a small. I'm also just over 6'1 but have exclusively worn a medium in Uniqlo shirts and blazers. Also, and maybe it's just the pic, but the vest looks just a bit too small on him to me.

I don't live near a store, so hoping to avoid ordering multiple sizes, etc...

Thanks.

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

I tried on a medium, was a little bit looser but ended up keeping the small since they didn't have the color i ordered. I think a medium for you should be fine. I think jet wears a medium in the ULD last year and he's got a broad back/chest. Also depends on how you wear it. I just put over a tee or shirt. It's great to layer over IMO.

14. Chubbs

Chubbs Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but the new ones feel thinner to me.

2 people like this.
  15. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

They are except the camo styles for some reason the cotton feels thicker and durable.

16. jet

jet Well-Known Member

sorry meant fit i couldn't care less about the fabric, hopefully they didn't shrink sizing

17. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

There are at least two different cuts, one with a center box pleat and one with side pleats in the back. The main difference I noticed is that the ones with side pleats seem to have slightly longer arms. It might be that the ones with a button-down collar all have the center box pleat and he ones with a point collar all have side pleats - this is true in at least some cases - but of course the web site doesn't show the backs of the shirts so there's no way of knowing.

1 person likes this.
  18. Landscape

Landscape Well-Known Member

How warm is the mountain parka and the reversible parka?

19. topos

topos Well-Known Member

at least in the three i have this is true: point-collar with side pleats, button-down with center box pleat. additionally, the the point-collar shirts have two pockets with buttons in front (the first pic you see hides this) while the button-down collared shirts have one without a button.

20. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

Sizing has been weird for sure… not sure if it's the adjustment for the US market and the new store openings or what. I had some promo codes and there was free shipping today so I ordered some shirts anyway… see when they get here.