• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

andrewsd

Reaction score
really hope they restock the long sleeve printed shirts.. anyone know if there is any stock left of the nicer floral and polka dotted ones in nyc or nj?

Sonorously

Reaction score
I would go with XS for the OCBD I'm about 40 chest and wearing Smalls. Linens run larger than the OCBDs... but XS is the smallest. There are different sizing for Linen shirts at Uniqlo. They might both be XS but one is smaller than the other so make sure to look at the size charts for that particular page.
How is this possible :(? I'm a 40 chest with a full inhale and slim Smalls are a size small on me.

Epik

Reaction score

How is this possible :(? I'm a 40 chest with a full inhale and slim Smalls are a size small on me.

Ah, that's a fair point. I would be willing to bet the colors you tried for the smalls were light blue, grey, or pink?

I found that the darker colors like olive and navy were consistently .5 to .8 wider in the shoulder. Especially Navy which was always the largest. Also I'm wearing these casually and not buttoning up the top two buttons which also gives a bit of room in the upper chest and shoulders.

So I ended up keeping Navy/Olive in small whereas I would be forced to wear a medium for light blue/pink but decided not to because the rest of the shirt is billowy when I move up. Sleeves, torso, waist... so I'm looking for slimmer torso or wider shoulder shirts. I was recommended Band of Outsiders thus far.

Still, they're very fitted when I inhale and it'd be nicer with some tech/stretch material.

Which is why my resistance is falling to trying some Outlier stuff.

Also, Uniqlo seems to have the 2-packs in stock for the premium tees but the sizing charts are way different. Anyone able to comment on the quality of the 2-pack premium tees?

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/life...premium%20men?ref=search/crew%20premium%20men

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/life...070677-92-005?ref=search/crew%20premium%20men

Last edited:

Kross

Reaction score

FWIW I'm 6' and wear a 42 long suit and think the large slim oxfords are awesome sauce.:satisfied:

don't you find it a bit baggy gort? I have the same measurements and I find that a 21.5 p2p would be a good fit, if you don't mind would you post up a fit?

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got mine a couple days ago. fit's on the dime. Will try to post a fit but there's no way that chest is only 21".

Last edited:

Kross

Reaction score
Ok, thanks guys, if the p2p of the slim large is 21-22, that's def what I need

Epik

Reaction score

Ok, thanks guys, if the p2p of the slim large is 21-22, that's def what I need

Well, I just measured my medium slim-fit oxford light blue and it's 21.5" p2p

Kross

Reaction score
That's the perfect size for 41-42 chest I think, is that what you are epik?

baxter0

Reaction score
Large slim fit p2p is 22.5"-23" and narrows to a 21.5" in the body

Epik

Reaction score

That's the perfect size for 41-42 chest I think, is that what you are epik?

Nah, I'm closer to 40" but I would say the medium fits all right in the chest and not too loose, it's just that there's extra fabric in the sleeves, torso, and waist for me with mediums.

Reaction score

Ah, that's a fair point. I would be willing to bet the colors you tried for the smalls were light blue, grey, or pink?

I found that the darker colors like olive and navy were consistently .5 to .8 wider in the shoulder. Especially Navy which was always the largest. Also I'm wearing these casually and not buttoning up the top two buttons which also gives a bit of room in the upper chest and shoulders.

So I ended up keeping Navy/Olive in small whereas I would be forced to wear a medium for light blue/pink but decided not to because the rest of the shirt is billowy when I move up. Sleeves, torso, waist... so I'm looking for slimmer torso or wider shoulder shirts. I was recommended Band of Outsiders thus far.

Still, they're very fitted when I inhale and it'd be nicer with some tech/stretch material.

Which is why my resistance is falling to trying some Outlier stuff.

Also, Uniqlo seems to have the 2-packs in stock for the premium tees but the sizing charts are way different. Anyone able to comment on the quality of the 2-pack premium tees?

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/life...premium%20men?ref=search/crew%20premium%20men

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/life...070677-92-005?ref=search/crew%20premium%20men

I wear the premium tees as undershirts... fit slim, fabric is very soft, but also quite thin.
If you plan on wearing them as an under layer, you'll be safe with a small, I'm sure... but if you are going to wear them out, might want to lean towards medium.

baxter0

Reaction score
The 2-pack T's are undershirts and are sized accordingly. If you're going to wear the shirt by itself those $9 Premium T's are what you want.

VitaTimH

Reaction score

The 2-pack T's are undershirts and are sized accordingly. If you're going to wear the shirt by itself those $9 Premium T's are what you want.

I just sized up and they're my favorite tees pretty much. The black ones at least -- white is a bit sheer and tends to nipping

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads