1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

uniqlo is vanity sized, 32 means 34 waist, but they have accurate measurements for everything on their website.

2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

I'd always check the measurement listings just in case; I've got some pants that were an actual painful 16" for size 32 instead of the more usual 16.5-ish.

1 person likes this.
  3. Skydub

Skydub New Member

How long do the supima undershirts generally last? Have to proxy so wondering if I should bulk buy

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I've had these four for like 3 years.

5. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

I returned $150 in merchandise, mostly paid for with promo codes from past returns, and was only refunded about ten bucks to my credit card.

I'm hoping this doesn't mean I lose the $140 in store credit. :(

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  6. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Promo codes do not convert to store credit. I never heard of a online store allowing you to use again or store a promo code after an item it was used for; was returned.

update: Ahh I read your post again. You made past returns to Uniqlo and they gave you store credit (you didn't have receipt or 30 days passed). Ok that makes sense now. So yeah you should be able to have that as store credit then.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  7. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

That's the worst. Basically I threw away three pairs of jeans :/

Edit: nevermind. I did get store credit after all.

8. Evodem

Evodem Active Member

Did you refund it online or in stores? If you did it in stores they definitely should've given you store credit back at least.

9. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Turns out they did issue store credit after all for the amount of the promo codes. Just took them an extra day. This was an online purchase and return BTW.

Anyway, enough griping about returns. Sorry for the derail.

10. juliettes

juliettes Active Member

went to popup - they had the fleece that i wanted, saves me some shipping money. rest of the stuff was basic. ocbds, airism T's, supima V's, merino V's, and some denim. also all the UL in the world, in socal of all places. i dont think they had airism boxers, or jeggings for guys though, but ill come back next week. walked out with a new T and fleece, almost with an OCBD. i forgot to ask if they're gonna get more stuff before the actual store

+1 to the SA that recognized my CPs

11. thefastlife

thefastlife Well-Known Member

friends, two questions:

1. what polos would work for a summer business casual setting? looking for something muted and slim fit.

2. dress shirts. how do the slim non-iron fit? i am about a 16.5-17 neck, 35 sleeve and 19-20" PtoP

thanks!

12. jm22

jm22 Well-Known Member

13. twisted

twisted Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am not sure where I can ask but I was wondering if any of you who live in New York could pick me up 5 shirts from Uniqlo? I have given tres bien codes out in the past so I suppose this can be a small favor to ask?

Out of respect for your time I will also tip 10$ on top. The total should come to no more than 70$. I will pay for everything including shipping. Just tell me the total. Please PM me. I am going out on a limb by trusting. Please only pm me if you are a trustworthy and long time member here (a year or more?)

I live in Canada Toronto.

14. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Used to fuc with all the expensive shirting brands on here gitman, epaulet, etc, but nothing beats uniqlo. Kopped 9 button down shirts online for under $200 on their promotion, kept 5. At $19 each, amazing value

3 people like this.
  15. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

I basically don't buy any expensive shirts unless it has some cool detail or print. Otherwise it's all Uniqlo/COS for me.

----

Do the short socks ever go on sale? The long colored socks are now 6 for $12 (usually 4).

16. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

I got a slim Michael Bastian(?) x Uniqlo polo if anyone wants it....supposedly a medium, but rather, rather, rather slim.

In other news, the chambrays continue to impress me ... If only they'd get some cool floral paterns.

17. Vaellis

Vaellis New Member

I recently picked up the skinny fit tapered in black, and the slim straight selvedge, they fit great for the most part but are slightly large at the end of the thigh/the knee. Would cold soaking them while wearing them (individually of course) help with that? I'm also considering soaking them anyways to try to prevent indigo transfer.

18. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

you mean the OBCDs? They are pretty unbeatable price-to-quality. Did you grab some of the new season ones? Wondering if they fixed the ridiculous flaring at the waist. It's an easy fix at the tailor's but still annoying

Never liked the other shirts though, broadcloth not fitted and fabric not soft enough and dress shirts too scratchy. Flannels are cool though I'm between sizes

19. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

Short answer no--cold soak won't do much. I'd try a hot soak, and failing that, tailor

20. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

I have all the ocbds collected over time. These were the casual bd collar shirts in broadcloth or efc or whatever. They're for work worn untucked, pretty crucial pieces. Washed tumble dried and worn these type of shirts endlessly and like them a lot. Granted if i was going to pick a shirt outside of work, it wouldn't be these