1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. feliks

feliks Well-Known Member

ordered two linens sized down (measurements make it seem like they're bigger than last year), so we'll see how those are. dissapointed the navy one isn't as dark as previous year's.

2. Isolation

Isolation Well-Known Member

Anyone know when the next UK sale might be? Kind of want to buy these linen/cotton blazers but it's not even season to wear them yet.

3. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

Did a hot wash with minimal agitation (with a hot presoak as part of the wash cycle) on my selvage denim. still no perceivable shrinkage. Waist did tighten back up to what it was like when boxfresh, but is stretching back out quickly. "unsanforized" but not shrinking? Whatever, it works for me.

4. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

I can't speak to the Uniqlo ones, but my Brooks Brothers linen shirts shrunk more than my cotton ones.

Is it assumed that most selvedge denim is sanforized? I thought unless specified they were unsanforized.

I prefer the wider collars than the trendy skinny ones, but that is just my preference. On a casual shirt like that though I would also prefer a button down collar.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  5. noobedloser

noobedloser Well-Known Member

I would assume the opposite, that most selvedge denim is unsanforized. Cheap selvedge denim tends sanforized and I'm surprised by the unsanforized denim at $50

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  6. K. Nights

K. Nights Well-Known Member

Are the Airism tees stretchy or should I size up? The p2p looks really small

7. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

indeed, it's weird that this would be (undisclosed) $50 unsanforized denim. However, since it barely shrinks in my experience, i guess they don't have to mention it--in terms of fit and shrinkage, it doesn't matter that it's unsanforized. as for what's more common, i'm not sure it's safe to say that "most" selvage denim is unsanforized, being as selvage denim appears at many pricepoints now. personally, I assume "sanforized unless mentioned otherwise."

8. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

stretch but i'd size up one if you're not wearing it as an undershirt

1 person likes this.
  9. baxter0

baxter0 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried to shrink the sweatpants and how did it go?

10. togglebutton

togglebutton Well-Known Member

Is the linen shirt slim fit? Does it have the middle pleat in the back? Kinda doesn't look like there is a pleat in the online picture

11. jet

jet Well-Known Member

finally can cop me some linen this year, when the fuck is south coast gonna open

12. arcturuz

arcturuz Well-Known Member

last season's spring oxfords are thicker

13. Churchill W

Ran over to the store just now to pick up the Linen/Cotton Slim Fit Sports Coat.

Arms are a little long on me as I had to get a medium, but think they have non-functional button sleeves, so should be able to tailor. Small was too tight on me. Should be a good spring/summer sportscoat.

Not totally sure I will keep, but will be traveling to a warm climate and thought this would be good for that.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  14. Meis

Meis Well-Known Member

Vents? There's only a pic of the front on the website...

15. Churchill W

Just one.

16. feliks

feliks Well-Known Member

new oxfords have slightly shorter sleeves. good if you're under 6'0 or so. new cotton-cashmere v-neck sweaters fit well and are warm enough for weather in the low 50s-high 60s, no complaints for $20 on sale.

17. feliks

feliks Well-Known Member

linen shirts came in (got white and navy). I sized down from medium to small and I like the fit which is comparable to the flannels. I haven't handled enough premium linen to really gauge the quality but it feels nice and breezy if a lil scratchy (not stiff or rough imo) tho. navy's great, darker than it looks online, but avoid the white as it's completely sheer (even a white v-neck under it looks weird). might pick up a few more colors, overall I'd recommend.

1 person likes this.
  18. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

^ Thanks for the review. I was going to get some whites but will avoid.

19. feliks

feliks Well-Known Member

I should probably mention that I sized down for the flannels too. if you went TTS like a lot of people did, go TTS for these.

20. Cadenza

Cadenza Member

Hi,

I have been looking for olive green chinos for a while now, and Uniqlo´s vintage chinos seem to fit the bill. My question to all the chino owners: Have you been satisfied with them? Thanks in advance.