1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

Only on the MC side

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Check out the wool blend. Buttoning stance is good. A few cm from by belly button. Only thing is I think the composition wrinkles a lot of Uniqlo packaging sucks. I think its the latter. My shipping boxes are always trashed upon arrival.

3. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

The new fleece line on the women's side looks pretty good. Too bad we are not getting anything similar.

4. reedobandito

But they don't seem to have matching black pants?!

5. gettoasty

^ you are right lol. No black. FWIW, if you wait and maybe Uniqlo will release the wool blend black pants, when I tried the jacket on, I immediately thought about how great it would be as SW&D jacket. Casual enough, low button stance, and best of all it is disposable.

Checked out the Westfield Valleyfair mall Uniqlo location tonight. I was sweating balls! (happens all the time when I'm at malls). They had nothing there. Returned all my stuff, picked up a size medium lambswool cardigan that fits pretty nice versus size small (sup jet). They did not have a navy.

Going to order a bunch more stuff and return at the b&m. How convenient.

If you are looking for sweatpants btw, these are pretty nice (100% cotton and pretty slim fitting) http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/life...007?ref=mens-clothing/mens-bottoms/mens-pants

6. jet

jet Well-Known Member

thats too bad, got the grey, dark grey and navy

7. gettoasty

i know its for work, and I aint trying to stunt in front of the employees, but i consider the dark gray, navy, and khaki to rotate in the week but seeing how they are all the same cardigan but different colors did not want to own the damn thing 3x over lol

trying to look for different cardigans/soft jackets in different colors, too so I can at least change it up for my own sanity. FWIW i did that last year and rotated between the softer, merino wool cardigan. Was cool but kind of got sick of it.

Surprised you did not get the green. it's pretty nice. goes well with white, grays, and brown shoes. black shoes if you feeling hard

8. jet

jet Well-Known Member

i dont care if its the same one mainly just to keep me warm as it's an icebox sometimes in the office, same cardigan 3 colors doesn't bother me the plastic buttons do

i already have the wine and pine +j cashmeres and a navy efm cardi as well. Going to start copping some carminas, maybe g&g and a c&j since i have a minimal defined palate. I don't want to be a clothes hoarder like mc guys. Tobacco suede, black captoe, burgundy brogues, and cognac medallions. I've given this a lot of thought and each shoe in those colors has to be a specific type for diversity and for coordination purposes. Brown bores me so no plain brown shoes. May end up selling my jodhpurs to fund the others as well. Only need 4-5 pairs for a really long time.

My pants are all shades of blue and grey, maybe add windowpane and another pattern. Shirts, well maybe 10 nice ones total.

2 people like this.
  9. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Jet, the lambswool cardigan looks good. After striking out with the extra fine and the heavy cardigans, I'm going to give these a try. I like that they're 2" longer than the heavy knits—perfect for me.

Ordered the light gray, natural, and green,

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  10. jet

jet Well-Known Member

length is nice on these and you don't get the big floppy arms as on the others, i think medium everything fits me pretty well in uniqlo...every time i've tried a large in anything fit has been shit everywhere which is funny bc i'm not a small du

the only thing i will wear a large in is efm, not sure of cashmere as i haven't looked at the specs recently but if they go cheap on black friday going to cop that azure blue, minty green and the black currant crew necks

i'm a little disappointed in some of my really high end sweaters because i pulled a few out from my archive and discovered (some of) my jil sanders are 25" in length for the ones I checked, granted these are ones to wear with slim trousers when one wants to look really nice, but i really do not like 25" knits, luckily i don't think they're all like that..just goes to show how taste always changes and attentiveness to details evolves as well (my collection mostly spans from 06-09)...i constantly feel like pulling them down bc they make my torso look short which i hate and i feel like they ride up, so now i have a decision to make, to keep or sell some of them which bother me and they are all 450+ (starting at) knits, one is silk and cashmere with a sheen that was 7 and change, i feel like toasty...luckily my most prized ones are 27" which is my ideal and favorite length which work for casual and formal occasions

sold a pair of my gats, photog'd my kitsune pierre hardys and my black suede lanvin lows because i just have too much shit

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  11. gettoasty

If anyone can help me proxy the blue lambswool cardigan from the San Francisco store, please lmk! Looking for the blue in size medium, not navy :eek:

12. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

I've reblocked some knits to be longer...stretched them gently on a drying rack after hand washing. I'd be wary of messing around too much with very expensive knits though.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  13. reedobandito

Yea, those slim sweats look pretty great, will pick some up next time I do an order. So how to size the slim fit wool blend blazer then?

14. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

awesome, I was wondering why Uniqlo didn't have some basic slim sweatpants after picking up a pair at H&M over the weekend. Ordered a S.
    Also copped some flannels in S and XS. Don't trust those measurements one bit

15. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

Disappointed there's no designer collab this fw. Maybe they can convince Jil Sander to come back now that she quit her own label (again).

16. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

They're tts.

17. gettoasty

^ THIS. I AM SIZE MEDIUM REEDO FWIW AND I KNOW YOU LIKE IT TIGHT, SO MAYBE A SIZE SMALL FOR YOU WILL DO.

THE LAMBSWOOL CARDIGAN IS SO COOL. I ROLL THE SLEEVES UP TO SHOW SOME CUFF. WARM, AND THE SIZE MEDIUM FITS GOOD. GOOD BUY (SUP JET)

18. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

19. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

20. K. Nights

K. Nights Well-Known Member

42" inch chest should I go medium for the lambswool cardi? Don't want to go large because that shit will be baggy