• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hobojones

Reaction score
So I was randomly refreshing coats on the UNIQLO site and I was able to snag a +J wool coat the other day for $60. **** retailed for $220 and I probably would have paid that too. Any way, I got it in today and it is by far my best purchase of this year. Substantial wool outer with a comfortable lining, removable hood, hidden button pocket flaps, plus a ton of other nice details. Really gonna hang onto my +J pieces as they were seriously a great bang for the buck. I may have to tailor the sleeves though as they are a touch long.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I ordered a pink Oxford

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish I got in on these "Soft Touch" l/s t's earlier in the game.

I bought one with my last order to get my order over $100 for free shipping and it's my favorite piece of the bunch. I really hope they bring them back next fall.

Uniqlo releases pretty much the same staples every season. Those l/s tees will be back late summer. And s/s tees will hit stores soon if they're not there already.

JilSlander

Reaction score
So I was randomly refreshing coats on the UNIQLO site and I was able to snag a +J wool coat the other day for $60. **** retailed for $220 and I probably would have paid that too. Any way, I got it in today and it is by far my best purchase of this year. Substantial wool outer with a comfortable lining, removable hood, hidden button pocket flaps, plus a ton of other nice details. Really gonna hang onto my +J pieces as they were seriously a great bang for the buck. I may have to tailor the sleeves though as they are a touch long.

Awesome, which coat is this? Any pics?

I wish I got in on these "Soft Touch" l/s t's earlier in the game.

I bought one with my last order to get my order over $100 for free shipping and it's my favorite piece of the bunch. I really hope they bring them back next fall.

I just popped over the 5th Ave. store and saw some l/s crew neck tees. Any info on the ones you're talking about?

Staticbolt

Reaction score
Anyone know where I could get a pair of the size 32 MIJ regular fit black denim? I saw them at one of the NYC stores but they only had size 31, and they seem to not exist online.

Pilcrow

Reaction score
I bought a couple lambswool sweaters online and they were alright - small was a little big (don't mind too much in a sweater), fabric was a little itchy (to be expected with wool). Went into the store on 5th to try on some flannel shirts and get a couple pairs of chinos, felt a lambswool sweater in the store and it felt a hell of a lot softer than the one I got online. Is there any difference, or is the grass just greener?

Pretty happy with the flannel, though the sleeves are within a couple millimeters of being too short. Chinos are nice, too, very very cheap and they take care of the hem for free. Now I'm wondering how hard it would be to buy a bunch of the light gray ones and dye them myself.

Also saw a corduroy shirt just sitting alongside the flannels, but it was in Small and the X-Small shirts fit me much better. Asked an employee, they said they only had what was sitting around. Anyone have any idea if and when they bring those out again?

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed the lambswool and blended sweaters ran a little big. The flannels are decent for the price, no complaints there. With the generic S/M/L sizing sleeve length can be a problem. I just go up a size to get the longer sleeve then have the torso and shoulders taken in. I really hate sleeves that are too short.

Pilcrow

Reaction score
Yeah I was kinda surprised, I was expecting clothes cut for little Asian men. They probably changed their sizing for the US, though.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. I went to the Uniqlo flagshio in Ginza, Tokyo. Sizing seemed to the same as what I found at the NYC flagship store.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That makes sense then. The lambswool was still too loose in the arms for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads