1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

I have a few oxfords and I'm just not a fan of the collar

2. 1up

1up Well-Known Member

I've heard the new oxfords have changed a fair bit in terms of fit, and are not as good?

Any input?

3. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

Nothing

4. justusss

justusss Well-Known Member

I've purchased a few slim-fit oxfords within the past few months and the fit/quality is spot on for me. Definitely worth the $29 pricetag... I'd honestly pay twice that for them probably. I haven't handled them before until this year though.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  5. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Well-Known Member

6. Bortelli

Bortelli Well-Known Member

Has anyone bought parkas from uniqlo? Thoughts? Should I size up or down? Also (Probably a frequently asked question). Same with the MA-1 jacket?

7. jonrisk

jonrisk Member

Just got one of the corduroy shirts today. I'm returning it because it's too small. Otherwise, my first impressions were that it was pretty nice. Fit is pretty much identical to the slim fit OCBDs. Colllar size about the same too. I seem to always expect Uniqlo's material to be thicker so I was kind of disappointed to find it not any thicker than say, their oxford cloth. It's pretty soft fabric though. Wales are really thin. Maybe I'll pick one up in a larger size once they go on sale.

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

I think the buttons on the corduroys -- brown, not a cheap-looking white -- make them look a lot better than other shirts in the price range. That said, I was sort of disappointed with the wine color; it looks a lot more red, and a lot less purple, than the pictures, unless it was mis-tagged or something.

9. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

I have the current mountain parka (well, two of them...forgot to send back a second color before 30 days). I'm happy with it. Perfect for light rain. The hood is just the right shape/size. Go with your normal size...same with the MA-1.

Edit: Not the best pic, but here it is in black:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. transient

transient Well-Known Member

I can say this: the new color which appeared recently, the light grey fits a bit smaller than the rest.

11. cloonz

cloonz Well-Known Member

I have the second one. The measurements on the site are accurate - it's not super slim but probably the best you can get for under $100.

12. 1up

1up Well-Known Member

Slight dilemma - can anyone provide some input?

I'm Canadian, but I'm ordering to my sister in the states and she'll ship it to me after. I used her name & address as the shipping/billing address, but used MY canadian credit card. I figured it wouldn't work and would get rejected immediately, but I thought I'd give it a shot. The order says "Pending" and my credit card has the temporary charge on it.

It's more than likely it'll get rejected - correct?

The problem is that I was purchasing one of the down-filled jackets, but if I can't order off this website, I would purchase one that I found on the Jcrew factory website (but their sale ends tonight!)

Does anyone have any idea how long the order will stay pending for? Or if it's likely my order may go through?

13. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Well-Known Member

thanks!

14. superego

superego Well-Known Member

not sure how I'm gonna wear these, but tough to pass at $20
    [​IMG]

I'm continually astounded by uniqlo...for basics, I'm just looking for 'good enough' quality (which is, albeit, high quality) at the lowest price, and uniqlo seems to deliver regularly

I just bought a bunch of stuff, most of which I have no real need for, but the value at low price makes it worth the gamble.

are other designers/vendors simply greedy or has uniqlo really figured something out that others haven't?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  15. cholo

cholo New Member

Has anyone got any airism crew neck tees in xs in white and in grey for sale? I need both, my asking price is $10 for each one, I live in New Zealand, pm me.

16. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Uniqlo quality wise is pretty awful. You definitely get what you pay for. There is also bad sizing issues with their clothes.

17. jet

jet Well-Known Member

flannels finally!!!!

18. evident

evident Active Member

what do you suggest for a better price/performance ratio? I find uniqlo quality to be pretty decent for the price, cheaper and better fitting than gap and some BR/Jcrew things.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  19. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

I've seen you say this multiple times, but my stuff has held up great and it's relatively easy to size. Better quality brand for a similar price point?

1 person likes this.
  20. jet

jet Well-Known Member

lol @ thinking uniqlo is not worth the pricepoint

1 person likes this.