1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. superego

superego Well-Known Member

it's uniqlo--this isn't top tier stuff, but for the money, it's more than passable.

2. jet

jet Well-Known Member

how garbage are the fleece zip ups? need a new beater smoking jacket

3. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

That MA-1 is UGLY. :nodding:

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

I find nothing interesting at Uniqlo aside from the basics I need for work re: socks and dress shirts

Even for whatever $$ price, it is not worth wasting your money IMO unless they serve one purpose and that is a filler. Otherwise, I rather shop elsewhere and spend the extra money.

I don't touch fleece or whatever poly blend crap is the makeup. Would not feel nice against skin. I mean if you want something soft and warm just stick with the merino or cashmere. One detail they have this year for the merino wool cardigan is the matching placket that I thought was a nice detail. It stands out a little more than the merino wool as it is probably polyester/nylon. It has a sheen compared to the matte of the merino wool hand.

JilSander: I only pick up the "Easy Care" dress, spread collar shirts. Size small fits me nice after I add back darts. I do not like the button downs at all, or the point collars. It seems spread collars are more rare now but managed to pickup two great ones. And of course some extra socks.

edit:
    Also, the easy care spread collar shirts are great and easy to launder, and steam press

edit2:
    I almost thought Uniqlo had a lower button point jacket until I went up close and realize I was deceived Someone had buttoned the 2nd button in lieu of the first. I rebuttoned the top and unbuttoned the 2nd afterwards :lol:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. superego

dude, you're basically making my point...you see value in the basics that you can use (as does everyone). you like some items, and not others. the end.

no need to spew 1000 worthless words about this shit

3 people like this.
  6. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

you know what i;ve noticed is that since you started posting supergo you always take a defensive stand against everyone.

can you shut the fuck up. keep dressing in your lame basics if you think uniqlo is worth your money.

you come off as a bitch. bitch

:satisfied:

1 person likes this.
  7. superego

dude, you're shitting on uniqlo in the uniqlo thread...if you've got something constructive to add, that's one thing, but you're just acting like some kind of pretentious twat.

irony is the guy acting like a bitch calling me a bitch.

7 people like this.
  8. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

I strongly disagree.

Some stuff is way over priced. For example their broadcloth shirts ($29.90). They are made out of paper. They are worth $14.

Same applies to most of their stuff. I will say their hoodies, sweatshirts when it's on sale is a good deal though.

1 person likes this.
  9. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

What about the oxford and chambray shirts?

10. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

I never tried the chambray, but the oxford shirts are great for the price and compare favorably to more expensive ones. Like others have said before, I felt Uniqlo has gone down hill since they started expanding. I tried on the jeans a year ago and they were good for the price along with the socks but that was about it besides the oxfords.

I have a single item from when they did the +J collaboration (shawl neck cardigan) and it was by far the best item from them I have seen/felt from them. I wish I had gotten a lot more of it as the quality and fit of those pieces were good enough for people on here to mesh into their work and everyday wardrobes. The undercover collaboration wasn't nearly as good and the 3 pieces I got from it, I now just wear for gym and outdoor usage.

11. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

^ Oxfords are great at their price point ($30). They need to restock the colorways, though (e.g. navy, olive, etc.).

I think the chambrays are paper-thin as well. They're just interesting for the prints.

12. runyourchain

runyourchain Well-Known Member

13. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Well-Known Member

could anyone kindly offer sizing advice for uniqlo raw denim (will get regular or relaxed type fit). if i go be measured waist on myself to jeans, how should i size? thanks in advance

14. rirawin

rirawin Well-Known Member

15. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Good beater fleece. Nice for wearing home from the gym when sweaty in the winter, doing random crab that may get you dirty.

1 person likes this.
  16. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

huh? [​IMG]

jet try the Patagonia Legacy fleece. Nice pricing for the quality it offers

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  17. jet

jet Well-Known Member

18. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Probably the same I don't know. I didn't bother checking them out.

Not sure how the H&M shirt is but many of them feel very cheap. The Uniqlo premium tees are very nice for the price. They are on sale now at stores for $5.90

I saw the same ones but with the printed dots on them. Very very nice. Nice and thick and pretty attractive. I think I will cop the wine.

19. superego

any word on sizing for the flannels?

I've got a L hoodie that fits slim but works, assuming I want a similar fit am I likely to be good with the L? also, a L in a vneck sweater

20. scoobydrew

scoobydrew Well-Known Member

I wear their XS slim OCBD. I picked up a couple of the flannels and the fit felt slightly looser than the slim OCBDs, but slimmer than the regular fit OCBDs. Length is slightly shorter than the OCBDs.