1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. sleeping

sleeping Member

I need a new pair of chinos. do you all recommend the slim fit flat front chinos? they look pretty good for the price. Is the fit decent? i'm guessing the sizing is TTS

2. amathew

amathew Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  3. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

I don't understand the rationale here. I mean if you cut the tag, what stops you from wearing it and returning it after one wear as long as the tags are OK. If you cut the tag off you even have the opportunity to wash the shirt before returning it if they allowed shirts to be returned with tags, but not attached to shirt.

Agreed.

4. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

just ordered 2 of the slim button up shirts in xs hopefully they work out i noticed that they sell out fast early yesterday the colors where almost fully stocked today most of the essential colors are almost gone.

5. baxter0

baxter0 Well-Known Member

Got a flannel in large for the promotion price, too bad they look like they're done for the season. Fit is perfect (I wish the oxfords fit like this.)

Got some premium socks for a buck something a pair. I Didn't know they were thin dress socks. Oh well. Are the crew socks good regular every day socks?

6. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

These are their flagship everyday socks. The marled ones are more casual, some colors are more dressy than others.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-color-socks/071183-70-999

If you're looking at something sporty.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-comfort-support-ankle-socks-2-pack/071181-03-999

I have a ton of those and they are really good, but I only have it in white, couldn't find the white ones on the site.

Personally, I don't like their short socks, doesn't feel right for some reason.

7. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Well-Known Member

Thinking about getting the dry easy jacket. Anyone know if it looks good with the collar up?

8. UltraMagnetical

UltraMagnetical Well-Known Member

do the oxfords shrink in length at all after washing?

9. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Well-Known Member

Was going to do a before/after measurement, but forgot. Either way, definitely shrunk at least a half inch in length and sleeve length washed cold, dried low.

10. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

^^Did it shrink in chest and body width too?

11. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me if there is any difference between Uniqlo Airism low rise Boxer Brief vs their regular low rise briefs?

They almost share the same contents of materials. What does the Airism have that makes it more pricey?

12. baxter0

baxter0 Well-Known Member

13. hoozah

hoozah Well-Known Member

I got those last summer. They are pretty tight, so more of an undershirt.

14. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, but not a lot. Maybe like 1/4" or less total? Not enough that I noticed a difference when wearing it.

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Thanks, they barely fit me as is.

16. Ecco

Ecco Well-Known Member

They keep your balls fresh better. Airism material is like Under Armour material.

1 person likes this.
  17. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

That sounds refreshing. :D

I'll pick up a pair tomorrow.

18. rabbitman

rabbitman Well-Known Member

19. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

Picking up a few more slim fit OCBDs in medium since they fit me pretty well minus the length - tempted to cop the olive color too...wtf do olive ocbds go well with? Also is the navy dark/rich in person or sort of brighter/somewhat washed out like on the uniqlo site?

Link for convenience: http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/goods/076081-06-004

20. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

Not hard at all to match olive with anything -- navy, brown, tan, khaki, etc.

The navy is exactly how it is shown online: dark true navy. I've been wearing mine so much that I just copped 3 more before they sell out.