1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

I went TTS. I actually want my linen shirts just a little loose. All the Uniqlo shirts seem to run long. I just have the tailor shorten them. If I were to go down in size, the sleeves and collar would be too small for me.

2. arcturuz

arcturuz Well-Known Member

just got a short sleeved oxford in green
    http://www.uniqlo.com/sg/CPaGoods/itemcode=076695

the short sleeved oxfords are of a thinner material compared to the long sleeves, however in terms of fit, there is isn't much noticeable difference between the slim fit and regular fit short sleeves.

went for the regular fit as it has more vibrant colors; may grab the orange color next time one as I had a hard time deciding between the green and orange.

3. baxter0

baxter0 Well-Known Member

The t-shirts that come in the 2-pack are awesome as undershirts. Fit is very snug if you size down but also stretchy, they won't come untucked from your pants as you go about your day. That was a problem I had with other shirts.

Regular premium cotton t's are nice, they are a bit too long though and didn't shrink at all after a cold wash and a bit in the dryer. TTS is as snug as i would want to go in the sleev and shoulder.

4. carlic

carlic Member

Anyone with the current model premium linen shirt in size Small or Medium willing to post the shoulder-to-shoulder, pit-to-pit, and shoulder seam to sleeve measurements? With all the talk about the site measurements being wrong, I'm holding back on pulling the trigger, and the sale ends on Sunday.

Also, can you confirm/refute the claim from a couple pages back that they shrink a ton? Even in cold wash, hang dry?

Thanks much.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  5. Epik

Epik Well-Known Member

So... my shoulders are a bit wider than the medium for the new slim fit OCBDs.

But for length, sleeves, and torso, small fits.

Anyone know of a brand/line that has a slimmer fit than these new Uniqlo shirts?

6. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

wolf vs goat before dinner cut, has wide shoulders for the given size in general too.

7. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

WvG has really slim shirts but you have to buy into their membership to bring down the inflated price for what it is.

3 people like this.
  8. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

"How dare you! Apologize to the thread now."

9. Dorje

Dorje Well-Known Member

Just got 3 medium linens... I washed cold and hang dried and did get some shrinkage... not much though, and just in the width of the chest/body so they fit a tiny bit slimmer after the wash. After the wash the measurements are 18.5" shoulders, 22" chest and 25.5" sleeve.

I'm pretty happy with the quality, fit and fabric. Great deal for $20!

I'm 6' 180 lbs and they fit really well.

Was looking at their oxfords, they have some strange colors...

1 person likes this.
  10. phazeonon

phazeonon Well-Known Member

does anyone know if they started carrying short sleeve henley in any of the NY/NJ stores? I know that they have it on UK site, but it's not yet updated on the US web yet.

11. carlic

carlic Member

Wonderful! That helps a lot. Thank you.

Now does anyone have the Small to measure?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  12. fobe46

fobe46 Well-Known Member

Has anyone compared the chambray shirts from uniqlo and J crew? Been debating which one to get and wasn't sure if J Crews worth the extra $$

13. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Not to sound like a broken record but the slim fit oxfords are fantastic. The material and fit are great and I haven't seen any oxfords under $80 maybe even $100 that can compete with these. I was never really that crazy about uniqlo, I always thought their stuff was mediocre except for +J, but these oxfords surprised me. I just hope they don't shrink in the wash.

14. Epik

Epik Well-Known Member

Does Uniqlo accept returns with tags even though the little plastic wires have been cut?

15. ipractice

ipractice Well-Known Member

YMMV. I've returned some things in the past without the tags attached as long as the supervisors at the time approved it. It's usually just for store credit, which I'm always ok with at uniqlo.

There was also one time where I was flat out denied though.

16. baxter0

baxter0 Well-Known Member

I don't know why they should be so strict about returns because of a little tag that can be easily attached, especially since most people would be more than happy with store credit. Just returned an oxford with the tag cut, hope there's no problems.

17. limbo

limbo Well-Known Member

Slim fit MIJ seem to be not coming back for a while, so I'll place my order later.

Just wondering if anyone who has both heattech and airism Ts could compare them quickly.

I have the heattech ones and love them. Looking for a summer option.

18. Epik

Epik Well-Known Member

Yeah as long as the tag is ok, I don't see the fuss with those plastic bits. I'm also returning a few shirts by mail.

And by the way, their skinny fit "tapered" jeans are really awesome. I've been into the whole raw denim thing and have tried APCs, Naked Famous Elephant 2's, and Samurais but the 2% spandex in Uniqlo's jeans makes it so surprisingly comfortable and it doesn't restrict your movement at all compared to the raw denim everyone is so into. I don't wear my jeans skinny so I just sized up to a 33 and it lists as 35 waist which fits all right and the legs are not close to being skin tight so it works for me. Best jeans I've ever had as far as fit and comfort. Would recommend.

1 person likes this.
  19. Ecco

Ecco Well-Known Member

I have both heatech and airism Ts in small. Both are clingy (not a complaint), thin, and are exactly as described on each page. The airism shirt is thinner and extremely light, and wicks away sweat better than my old Under Armour cold weather gear. I have two and use one as an undershirt and one as a running shirt for warmer days. I'd have to say that I'm more than impressed with both offerings and their price cannot be better. Airism underwear is also fucking incredible.

@whoever asked, my XS linen shirt shrunk from the measurements of a slim fit M to a S regular shirt. I didn't trust whoever said they shrink a lot but they were right. I still don't think I'll be buying any Uniqlo linen offerings in the future as I don't like the material.

1 person likes this.
  20. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

Did the linen soften up after wash? It's pretty scratchy out of the box.