• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

badgerbrush

Reaction score
In case anyone is waiting on items ordered before the webstore closed - I ordered a bunch of stuff (tweed jacket, undershirts, etc) on October 30th, and they just shipped out via FedEx.

Marsh1635

Reaction score
October 30th orderer here. Still no tracking #'s.

Samir

Reaction score
I ordered on the 28th and am completely fine with any delays they're dealing with, but as of this morning, I don't even think I've been charged - do they only charge once they've shipped the order?

yufu22

Reaction score
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made...n-wool-blended-flat-front-pants/071149-06-036

Does anyone own a pair or tried on a pair of these pants?

I called Uniqlo, but their customer service was not helpful at all. They only have a thigh measurement and cuff measurement which really doesn't help... Also the pictures always look better than the actual product in my experience so I just wanted to ask anyone with first hand experience.

I wanted to purchase the grey ones, just concerned about how slim they were... I'm looking for pretty darn slim. I've had theory slim fit trousers before and got them altered to even be a tiny bit slimmer, but generally that is the kind of slim I am looking for since the jacket I am wearing is tailored and slim as well.

I plan on hemming a little bit on the higher side to show a little ankle and didn't want it to look to puffy or goofy when I do that.

I plan on wearing it to a wedding soon with a Shipley Halmos wool navy sportcoat, navy custom gingham shirt, and purple tie with small dots on it. Probably some leather dressier brogues with matching belt and purple argyle socks to match the tie, usual tie bar and pocket square... just the usual... Just to give you an idea...

I'm 5' 8" 138lbs. Asian... and probably going to go with the 29.

Thanks for the help SF!

theh00d

Reaction score
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made...n-wool-blended-flat-front-pants/071149-06-036

I called Uniqlo, but their customer service was not helpful at all. They only have a thigh measurement and cuff measurement which really doesn't help... Also the pictures always look better than the actual product in my experience so I just wanted to ask anyone with first hand experience.

I wanted to purchase the grey ones, just concerned about how slim they were... I'm looking for pretty darn slim. I've had theory slim fit trousers before and got them altered to even be a tiny bit slimmer, but generally that is the kind of slim I am looking for since the jacket I am wearing is tailored and slim as well.

I plan on hemming a little bit on the higher side to show a little ankle and didn't want it to look to puffy or goofy when I do that.

I plan on wearing it to a wedding soon with a Shipley Halmos wool navy sportcoat, navy custom gingham shirt, and purple tie with small dots on it. Probably some leather dressier brogues with matching belt and purple argyle socks to match the tie, usual tie bar and pocket square... just the usual... Just to give you an idea...

Thanks for the help SF!
Are you from San Francisco/Bay Area? If so, check them out at the store.
I tried on the regular wool trousers and they were a slim straight cut, but it is constructed with a thin fabric,
so its pretty lightweight and drapes a lot due to the fabric and the length as well,
which can be a problem.
So a hem is definitely necessary considering your height/weight is about the same as mines.

I plan on buying the tasmanian wool trousers as well, hopefully it will be stock in my size/color when I check the store again.

And, does anyone know if the UU line is in stock at the San Francisco store?
Does the store have UVC in olive and navy as well?

Last edited:

mejoshua

Reaction score
Yufu, I'm about the same height and weight as you. I've had a few pairs of the tasmanian trousers and the fit is full and straight especially on a skinny frame. I have a pair of +J pants that fit me perfectly so I just have the tasmanian trousers tailored to match the +J pants.

derv

Reaction score
Does anybody have an update on their NJ warehouse or hurricane recovery in general?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I called Uniqlo, but their customer service was not helpful at all.  They only have a thigh measurement and cuff measurement which really doesn't help... Also the pictures always look better than the actual product in my experience so I just wanted to ask anyone with first hand experience.

I wanted to purchase the grey ones, just concerned about how slim they were... I'm looking for pretty darn slim.  I've had theory slim fit trousers before and got them altered to even be a tiny bit slimmer, but generally that is the kind of slim I am looking for since the jacket I am wearing is tailored and slim as well.

Thanks for the help SF!

I'm getting a pair today. I think I have a pair in grey but forgot. Going to compare the two if I am correct they are straight and have a wideish leg opening.

yufu22

Reaction score
Thanks guys... Coldsnap, lemme know how the fit when you get em'. Mejoshua, I will look into the +Js.

Marsh1635

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome,

I ordered the "Mens Wool Blended Pea Jacket" in Medium/Navy, as well as a scarf Oct.29
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-wool-blended-pea-jacket/073087-08-002

It looks like they ran out of Navy and most other sizes too. I hope they honor their online orders first, before selling it in their stores...

Anyone have this Jacket from this year? How do you like it? Would you mind posting a few pics? Thanks.

As far as an Update for their shipping situation, according to their twitter account https://twitter.com/UniqloUSA they still can't give an ETA.

MonsieurLock

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how these cardigans run? I know I saw someone purchased these a few weeks ago...

Just looking to see if the sizes they show are true.

Last edited:

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried it on at the store, it fits TTS. One thing to note is that it's pretty long. If you're looking for a relaxed fit, go TTS. If you want something slimmer and shorter, sizing down one works and you can layer on top of it. So it depends whether you plan on wearing this as a layer or just by itself.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads