1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. stafa

stafa Well-Known Member

How is the sizing on the Airism shirts? Pretty much TTS?
    Needed a close fitting undershirt for dress shirts and don't want it to blouse out.

2. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Well-Known Member

I ordered a Large, for what it's worth, and my sizing info is in a previous post. I am looking at myself in the mirror with the undershirt on right now, and I like the comfortable fit -- if I were trying to look really jacked I suppose I could pull a medium, but IMO it'd feel way too uncomfortable as underwear. It's not blousy in the least either; I think there is spandex or elastane or one of those other miracle stretch fibers in it that makes to conform to the body.

3. The Rural Juror

The Rural Juror Well-Known Member

Wow. Uniqlo ships fast... ordered on Wednesday at noon and it was waiting for me in STL when I got home from work.The slim-fit oxford is awesome. Here is a pic of me in the linen shirt size M (which apparently just went on sale, doh!) and the chinos.

I like the linen shirt. The chinos are painted on (and obviously long), but I'm working pretty hard at losing weight so they'll go in the closet for a few months.

[​IMG]
    (I'm 6'0", 188 lbs)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  4. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Damn thats fast. I ordered Wednesday night and my package isn't going to be delivered to California until next Thursday. Looking forward to the oxfords after all the positive reviews on here.

5. Epik

Epik Well-Known Member

Wow I thought the medium OCBDs were borderline too small but my brother got some Smalls in and they fit even better on me.

Now I've some thinking to do.

6. trig

trig Well-Known Member

i just got the same linen shirt and it arrived today as well. along with 4 slim ocbds :slayer:

7. Doncolombe

Doncolombe Member

Does anyone know if Uniqlo ups their short-sleeve game as summer time rolls around? I am looking for some cheap, decently fitting short sleeve shirts and they are barren right now. Just madras SS's.

8. caseyfud

caseyfud Well-Known Member

i thought a couple pages back somebody said the linen shirts fit huge. Was that true for you guys? I'm an XS in the oxfords, so I can't really size down.

9. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Well-Known Member

^^ Is that the slim fit chino? If so, what size did you go with?

10. jet

jet Well-Known Member

waist size is pretty accurate, i wear a 32 but uniqlo chart says they measure 34

11. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

Got the gray skinny jeans in and they like the t000. Fabric doesn't feel any worse than the black t000. The color is a bit lighter than I hoped but I'm keeping them. Also just ordered a sailor long sleeve so I can dress like Parker, and some slim fit chinos.

12. Epik

Epik Well-Known Member

Also the $6 dry shirts can't compare to the American Apparel that woot shirts are printed on. As an undershirt maybe, but for those who are looking for Tees to wear alone, I can't think these are worth it. Too thin and shapeless.

13. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

^^

Those $6 Uniqlo package t-shirts is garbage. They are good to use if you going to paint the house.

The American Apparel are too thin and feel cheap.

However the Uniqlo Premium tees are much better than AA.

14. rabbitman

rabbitman Well-Known Member

I like the dry t's. I mean they're not anything special, but for $6 they're decent beaters. I also like my t shirts roomier though

15. whyme?

whyme? Well-Known Member

thanks for the tip, momentoftruth, but i'm still unsure. for reference, here i am in the regular fit, size medium. having just tried it on now, it's sloppier than i remembered - flaring quite noticeably in places and bunching a little in the upper chest. i'm pretty tall and equally thin, yet it's still too long. (and yes, this is post-hot wash / dry so it's done all the shrinking it's going to.)

as people have mentioned staying TTS with the slim fit, given the fit below in the medium, i'm pretty tempted to opt for small and just stick to cold wash / line dry as i do with most my clothes..

thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. caseyfud

caseyfud Well-Known Member

go down one size at least. maybe even two?

3 people like this.
  17. Epik

Epik Well-Known Member

Huge. Size down for sure imo.

1 person likes this.
  18. Epik

Epik Well-Known Member

Hmm, if there's that big of a difference between the dry and the premium, I'll give the premiums a shot.

19. The Rural Juror

The Rural Juror Well-Known Member

Yes, slim fit. 34.

20. Doncolombe

Doncolombe Member

Looks like you could definitely go slimmer.