1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. harry hood

harry hood New Member

2. Ecco

Ecco Well-Known Member

Please tell me you're kidding. Besides increasing your chance of UTIs by 50%, worrying about panty lines seems ridiculous.

3. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

lol I'm kidding about the thongs.

4. kentyman

kentyman Well-Known Member

I can give a real answer...

I bought the Low Rise originally, but found them to be just a tad too short in the leg. Ideally I'd wear something in between them. But to prevent them creeping too high, I went back and ordered like 8 pairs of their regular boxer briefs. I'm trying all different types, but so far I prefer their Dry Fit stuff. Then again, I haven't gotten to trying on the AIRism pair yet (which costs over twice the price).

5. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Thanks for your response.

That is the problem I have too with the leg creeping up and it bothers me so I figure I go back to wearing briefs (no legs).

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

your not allowed to return/exchange "inner wear" which would include their boxers/briefs

7. ipractice

ipractice Well-Known Member

Airism are great. Tight fitting but not enough to be uncomfortable (you can size up if you really have to). I have a 30 waist and wear the size small and it fits perfect. They're my go to briefs for exercising.

I stocked up on then while they were on sale for $10 tho.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  8. jet

jet Well-Known Member

lol can't wait until he sees this

9. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

haha you're evil :D

I've exchanged briefs at the Uniqlo store before. They they changed their policy?

10. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Well-Known Member

That's fucking disgusting. I can picture them taking them back with tongs and throwing them in a furnace or a big bonfire.

11. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Maybe they were unworn.

Please be unworn.

1 person likes this.
  12. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

Just wanted to interrupt this thong talk and give my thumbs up for the new slim fit oxfords.

They fit much better than the normal oxfords. How? I have the normal fit oxfords from 2008/9 and they're way too long in XS.

The new fit is similar to Thom Browne's oxford fit. For $30 and lack of grosgrain, I don't mind one bit.

Btw - All 3 new colors (navy, olive, khaki) are fantastic. I hope they do different colors (e.g. dark gray, black) soon. These new oxfords are definitely one of the best products the company has put out since 2008.

13. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I'm really glad everyone has been repeating over and over what I've been saying.

1 person likes this.
  14. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

Does in store stock vary from online stock? Looking for a navy premium linen jacket in xs.

15. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Well-Known Member

From what I've had success getting via Suddenlee v. online, yes. Significantly.

1 person likes this.
  16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

feel dumb but I'm on the uniqlo oxford hype train again, wore my over dyed blue one 3 days in a row.

17. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Well-Known Member

just got my slim fit oxfords yesterday and tried them on today

drenched them and dried them on high temp and shrinkage was minimal

i own uniqlo oxfords for several seasons and i agree that these are probably the best

only qualms i have as far as fit is the neck is a bit big on the mediums (though pretty negligible) and the body length is a bit long but that's an easy $5 fix at the tailor

i have long arms and the sleeve length is bang on for me on these

tempted to pick up the white and gray even though i have 2 long sleeve gray oxfords already and maybe as many as 5 white long sleeve oxfords in my closet

18. EdwardB

EdwardB Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about just getting 7-10 Slim Fit whites and only wearing them (with knits and outerwear and whatnot) for the foreseeable future.

19. The Rural Juror

The Rural Juror Well-Known Member

I definitely want to try out these slim-fit oxfords, but I am thinking about waiting until next month for budgetary reasons. On the other hand, it seems like people are concerned about these running out of stock. Is that common for Uniqlo items like this? Do they stay out of stock for long stretches? Maybe I should just go ahead and order, at least a few.

20. nowiremember

nowiremember Well-Known Member

first time i have seen them available online. think they were out of stock for a long while..i stocked up.