1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Staticbolt

Staticbolt Active Member

Anyone know where I could get a pair of the size 32 MIJ regular fit black denim? I saw them at one of the NYC stores but they only had size 31, and they seem to not exist online.

2. Pilcrow

Pilcrow Active Member

I bought a couple lambswool sweaters online and they were alright - small was a little big (don't mind too much in a sweater), fabric was a little itchy (to be expected with wool). Went into the store on 5th to try on some flannel shirts and get a couple pairs of chinos, felt a lambswool sweater in the store and it felt a hell of a lot softer than the one I got online. Is there any difference, or is the grass just greener?

Pretty happy with the flannel, though the sleeves are within a couple millimeters of being too short. Chinos are nice, too, very very cheap and they take care of the hem for free. Now I'm wondering how hard it would be to buy a bunch of the light gray ones and dye them myself.

Also saw a corduroy shirt just sitting alongside the flannels, but it was in Small and the X-Small shirts fit me much better. Asked an employee, they said they only had what was sitting around. Anyone have any idea if and when they bring those out again?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  3. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

I noticed the lambswool and blended sweaters ran a little big. The flannels are decent for the price, no complaints there. With the generic S/M/L sizing sleeve length can be a problem. I just go up a size to get the longer sleeve then have the torso and shoulders taken in. I really hate sleeves that are too short.

4. Pilcrow

Pilcrow Active Member

Yeah I was kinda surprised, I was expecting clothes cut for little Asian men. They probably changed their sizing for the US, though.

5. PhiPsi32

I don't think so. I went to the Uniqlo flagshio in Ginza, Tokyo. Sizing seemed to the same as what I found at the NYC flagship store.

6. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Well-Known Member

They're the same size in Korea, too. Remember, their lambswool sweaters are regular fit and sized to layer over their shirts, while their EFMs are slim fit.

7. PhiPsi32

That makes sense then. The lambswool was still too loose in the arms for me.

8. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Well-Known Member

More spacious in the shoulders and chest... compared to the old regular fit, or old slim fit?

9. yesssir

yesssir Well-Known Member

How do you guys usually size the MIJ slim fits?

10. Questionnaire

Questionnaire Well-Known Member

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

12. rirawin

rirawin Well-Known Member

In Asia it's just relabelled, cuts are the same, it's just the size labels are different, e.g.

Asia S = UK/US XS
    Asia M = UK/US S
    Asia L = UK/US M
    Asia XL = UK/US L

etc.

13. transient

transient Well-Known Member

14. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't even really know anymore. Trip to Shanghai (converted to US sizes):

Day 1) Went to Uniqlo and tried on older oxford (in the darker grey they had) without colorful collar trim in S for the hell of it, even though I knew it wouldn't fit. Extremely tight in shoulders/chest/laughably short arms, body fit was OK seemed a little long.
    Day 7) Went to Uniqlo and tried on newer oxford w/ colored collar trim (in seafoam) in S because they were on sale for the equivalent of around $18. Fit wasn't that bad in shoulders/chest/back but arms were still laughably short, body fit pretty decent and length seemed ok (not sure on length differences, they're probably the same). Also, the newer oxford colors really pop IMO. I liked the dark-blue-grey (replacing the darker grey) and the light blue (replacing the more white-ish light blue).

Maybe I just shrunk on vacation? I don't know what to say, hopefully other people have more feedback for you guys lol or just order some yourselves and figure it out

15. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

This go for their boxer briefs as well?

16. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

+1

looks like you can only get them at theory.com or the B&M stores if they are still in stock

17. phazeonon

phazeonon Well-Known Member

delete, multipost

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  18. phazeonon

phazeonon Well-Known Member

delete

19. K2793

K2793 Well-Known Member

Uniqlo newbie here. I feel like it will be a good brand to pick up some basics from. Can anyone help me out with sizing? 5'7 130lbs, about 14 neck, 35 chest, 29 waist.

I figure some button ups/flannels, crewneck, basic tees would be a good idea. Also perhaps pants but do they have any slim fits that taper?

Also, does anyone have opinions on the down jackets? And do most of you buy from the US online store because a lot of posts I've skimmed through seem like everyone is using UK. I figure I will just buy a ton of stuff once to see what fits and they take the $7.00 loss to return what I don't keep.

20. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Well-Known Member

You're similar to me (I'm 5'6" 130lbs)...

Anyway, XS in shirts (OCBD, Flannels, Broadcloth, etc.) , S in knits (T's, Sweats, Sweaters), 29 or 30 in bottoms, S in base layer stuff.

I don't own any outerwear from uniqlo.