1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Dapp

Dapp Well-Known Member

Really want the field jacket that they sell in the UK. May have to pick it up over winter when I head back to Scotland. Really wish they sold it in the US though..

2. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

^^^ Send them an email and ask for it to be added to the US portfolio.

3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

yo g tran when you say tts what size did you cop in the long cardi and what size are you normally?

shit son I didn't realize it was 40 bux, looks like it would feel crap with the content

only a L left and it's huge I think M would be better for me

4. robkez313

robkez313 Well-Known Member

maybe someone has last year +j peacoat. how does it fit? If i wear Uniqlo oxford shirts L, should i get peacoat L or XL?

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Are these the ones with collar stays?

6. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

mine came without but they do have the hole to put stays in

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Weird they should have came in a little bag with the buttons.

8. Samir

Samir Well-Known Member

Is the +J peacoat for sale somewhere?

edit: ahh, just saw those sizes on eBay

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  9. theh00d

theh00d Well-Known Member

10. pseudonym

pseudonym Well-Known Member

They do. Homeboy up there probably didn't know.

11. sygyzy

sygyzy Well-Known Member

Got the UU Heavy Gauge Long Cardigan in Medium and I was swimming in it. I may re-order in small but probably not.

12. Sunster

Sunster Member

This is one massive thread. Has anyone tried their made in Japan denim jeans? Are they true to size? How well do they wear?

13. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Well-Known Member

If this is the same one they were selling last year, it is a bright, hot pink.

That said, if anyone gets their hands on that one in US medium and want to get rid of it, please let me know. I have the same cardigan in green, US small, and would be willing to trade for it. Or buy it, whatever floats your boat.

14. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

So annoyed! I had a friend who was going to NYC bring my vest to exchange for the slim fit ULD in black but they don't have any left in the store :S Even though they have a full size run online. Guess I'm gonna have to proxy it the old fashioned way ...

15. sygyzy

sygyzy Well-Known Member

Just go by the sizing charts. I found that their jean charts are accurate. They are not TTS, it's vanity sized. For example, size 32 measures 34 in the waist.

16. Sunster

Sunster Member

So they are sized 1-2 inches big. Is it fair to buy slightly smaller size than usual then? I see they only come in 2 lengths. They wear ok adjusted shorter?

17. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Guys, never tried Uniqlo stuff. Are they better at some things than at other things, i.e. their shirts are good, but not their outerwear, etc.? Or is it all pretty decent stuff, especially for the money?

18. ipractice

ipractice Well-Known Member

Wouldn't recommend their knits, outerwear, or cashmere. Knits are generally too loose and feel cheap, outerwear is decent but generally a much better deal when they go on sale, and cashmere is nothing special.

All their other stuff is pretty safe, especially for the price.

19. APK

APK Well-Known Member

I really like the oxford shirts. They're probably a little loose for some, but the relaxed, yet not billowy cut makes them nice for casual wear. I think I've mentioned that I wear my blue oxford at least once a week, and it still looks nice even after that much wear and several trips through the wash. Nice collar roll, too, if you wash hot the first time and hang dry.

The flannels are nice for the price. I like the colored jeans I've bought in the past, though the rise is a little low for my tastes these days.

Socks + underwear are great for the money, too.

edit: Nil - If you wanna post measurements to your slim oxford, I can post measurements for the regular oxford for comparison's sake, since they're both a tagged large.

1 person likes this.
  20. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Thx. Where are the button downs? Can't spot them in the online sea of shirts.

Edit - found em!