• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

89andy

Reaction score
they put a hold on the amount but they don't charge it until they buy the item. BTW looking for the grey quilted down blazer thing in size small and the +J cashmere cardigans in wine in size small as well if anyone doesn't want them.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
put an order on Friday, received shipping notification mail on Monday, package received on Thursday (I live in MN)

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just a tip, I'd skip the +J shawl collar cardigan if you're considering it.
It's nice until it pills, which starts occurring the moment you put it on.
I've never had a wool item pill so much.
When I raise my arms, it looks like I have some weird disease where my armpit hair extends down to my forearms :uhoh:

This sucks ; ; Cant you hit it with one of those pill cutters? The small that I had looked like it wouldn't pill at all but when my XS arrived I was like wtf, it had an extra layer of hair like all over it.

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anybody know how slim these chinos fit? Do they fit like the Jcrew slims?
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/CPaGoods/itemcode=070211

And the shirts fit tts right? and relatively slim?

I also will need a proxy pretty soon if somebody can hook me up

I have them from a couple seasons ago. Assuming they didn't change the fit the leg opening on a 32 is 9". I'd say the fit is similar to the 501 but is more fitted in the seat.

kushburner

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Do you guys know if uniqlo sells chinos in slim fit any more?

Eupfhoria

Reaction score
if you ask me, the uniqlo vintage chinos fit better than jcrew's slim fit. I think the 9" leg that timbaland is talking about if from these, which actually aren't the same as far as I can tell.

and the U.v.c.'s are cheaper than jcrews chinos. just get a pair and see if you like them.

kushburner

Reaction score
Yea 9" is huge... Im looking for something with a 7.5-7.75" leg opening.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got a size small in the heavy gauge +J v neck in brown.. 5'7 160lbs hoping it fits well.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lmk us know how it turns out...wanted to get the green one.

epilepc

Reaction score
Update on the +J Half Coat http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/070485 (XS, beige):

In 35F nighttime weather, the insulated vest kept my midsection surprisingly warm with just a white t-shirt. However, there's no insulated sleeves, so my arms were really cold. Plus, the waterproof/nylon lining in the sleeves doesn't seem to retain heat that well, so it compounded the coldness :\

I wore the coat the next day in 45F, this time with a Soft Touch Long Sleeve V with a Heattech Long Sleeve V underneath. I was pretty warm, no complaints here. Held up against the wind very well, too. Couldn't feel a thing. I also like the way it fits now. I messed with the cinch cables on the sides and it fits nicely. I got compliments from two cute girls :3, saying that the coat looks masculine and structured, and does it right in contrast to a lot of men's coats (but wat do they kno). Just thot i'd include dat lil bit

A word on the heattech socks: these things are warm. They get warm, at least, as you walk around or just move your feet around. I like 'em.

TheBlackDonDraper

Reaction score

how is the fit on the +j wool tapered trousers?

Just picked up a pair of the grey flannel striped today. The fit is a bit roomy in the seat/butt but quickly tapers off in the thighs/legs. Leg opening on the 36 is about 7.5 inches. It's definitely a steal at 40.

The 34th st store got a pretty sizable restock in the +J section in the last day or so. Saw a bunch of items that weren't there on Weds. The employees say its the last stock of the season so get on it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads