1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The (Un)official Yoox, GILT, MyHabit, etc. Thread - the Unbeknownst

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gettoasty, May 15, 2012.

1. slstr

slstr Well-Known Member

Yohji jumper looks so great

2. jazerad

jazerad Well-Known Member

Brian Dales (yoox) wool Sweater

[​IMG]
    pretty comfy sweater for the price

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Looks comfy, post some photos with it worn

4. gettoasty

Got 3 boxes of goods delivered today and among one of the deliveries came from Yoox (the others from Herring Shoe store in UK, and Uniqlo)

In order, Rame, Scotch & Soda, and Isabel Benenato (Will perhaps do a review of the shoes I picked up and Uniqlo purchase).

Rame cotton jacket.
    Retail on Yoox for $148
    http://www.yoox.com/us/39336850JE/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=39336850JE&sizeId=7

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Made in Italy

100% cotton, unstructured jacket. Very light in hand, soft, and a great S/S piece IMO in place of your typical cardigan.
    It fits small as you can tell from my photos. I am wearing a size medium, sized TTS.
    Single button closure. May have kept if it was size 'larger'. Really nice cut for smaller guys.

I bought it with the intention to wear it in the office. However, it is fitted and can only accommodate a tee underneath. Definitely more SW&D oriented. I was also looking for a darker jacket, too.

Some photos of it worn

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. gettoasty

Following up is the Scotch&Soda cardigan.
    http://www.yoox.com/us/39339772QJ/item?dept=#sts=orders80
    Was on discount for $78

It is rather large fitting, I am wearing a medium. Long sleeves so I rolled the cuff.
    Made in Italy

Very soft to touch like cashmere almost but it is 100% cotton. It is very hairy for a cotton knit IME, scratchy against my skin too. I have a soft spot for shawl lapels. FWIW it appears much darker on Yoox, which gives off an impression of a nice orange / rust color. In person, though, it is rather pastel like, darker in darker light obviously, which IMO looks the best. It has some weight to it but I can imagine wearing it on a spring or summer night. Otherwise, under the sun it looks a bit washed out. The best thing about it is the collar style and loose cut. Not a fan of the fabric (the previous 100% cotton jacket felt A LOT better).

There are minor logo details on the outer of the cardigan that can be easily removed (cut the threads). Also, bought it with the intentions to be worn in the office but as is, being a loose fit, it looks best in a SW&D outfit. Drapes well (hangs almost about the hamstring), which for my purposes, I rather wear something a bit more structured. I have to say when I was trying it out, I did get the impression that perhaps this would be a great addition to a girls wardrobe, worn over sized.

I also bought this thinking it be rotated with the Patrik Ervell cardigan shown earlier in this thread =-\

Some photos worn:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. gettoasty

Lastly, Isabel Benenato cardigan / knit jacket
    [​IMG]

http://www.isabelbenenato.com/

http://www.yoox.com/us/39292897UR/item?dept=#sts=orders80
    On discount for $79

• 80/20 Wool/linen blend
    • Size medium
    • Oversized body, fitted sleeves due to the weave and material, but should stretch out over time
    • Heavy hand, soft to hairy texture--the texture is beautiful (see photo comparison)
    • No button closures
    • Made in Italy

This particular label is also carried by stores such as H.Lorenzo, so, perhaps that will speak volumes to those who maybe familiar with the store and its selection of designers.

Awhile ago I had a knit cardigan with similar shawl collar I bought from Land's End. I ended up removing the tag and buttons and wore it open, freely. Not sure what I did with it, believe I donated as it reminded me of somebody. Low and behold, and searching for a replacement, this beauty popped up on Yoox. Currently, there are a few nice pieces still available by IB like the tank tops, which I find the hemline detail fun to layer with.

Land's End cardigan:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Isabel Benenato:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Stock photos and more here: http://realnob.blogspot.com/2011/06/isabel-benenato-fallwinter-2011-12.html
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

8. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

Nice, I remember seeing that but I didn't kop. I ended up picking up these James Long pants, that looked kinda simple like dark blue pants with dark blue circles you could barely even seen any detail from yoox and I'm sure most people did. But when they arrived they were completely different in a good way, they're black with blue circles but the wool is almost metallic and the blue strands are interwoven throughout. I also have a knit that I also picked up from Yoox that has similar weavr pattern as the SS stuff but definitely better wool, crazy soft.

I actually posted that Isabel benenato knit but from a different site.

9. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

What brand was the knit? James Long too?

10. gettoasty

X-post

Size 38, Fabio Quaranta jacket from Yoox.
    100% wool, no lining, no button closure, and no back vents.
    Sleeves have not button closure but are vents / slit openings.
    From the labels F/W '11 collection

Fits true to size though I believe this is more of the designers fitted jackets compared to what is available on Yoox currently. Shoulders are semi-structured, I don't feel like it has any significant padding.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  11. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

What size did you get in that Toasty?

12. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Very cool toasty. I like this thread, wish there were more contributions. I don't really branch out enough to have anything worth putting here, unless you want to hear about my recent uniqlo purchase :rolleyes:

13. gettoasty

Hey, if you think the Uniqlo item is something unknown and you feel others may appreciate a quick write-up / a bit more detail to what is available online, feel free to post!

Put up some quick details, Timbaland