• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (Un)official Yoox, GILT, MyHabit, etc. Thread - the Unbeknownst

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For recent purchases and buyer reviews that will help readers who are curious and looking for more information. **The intention was to post buys from unknown labels say from Yoox and give them a bit more spotlight if you find it deserving of so. Since then this thread has sort of branched out**

If there are a lot of photos please use spoiler tag at your discretion.

My hope is that this will become a consistent source for members who are still experimenting with different designers and styles, read the reviews, and be inspired to take the plunge in trying something new that may fit into the wardrobe.

A short guideline:

SIZE=4]
  • Link or post stock photo
  • Post your own photo as a comparison
  • You may choose to disclose as much information i.e. label, composition etc.
  • Pros/Cons of the item. Met or failed expectations
  • . . .
[/SIZE]

Some type of standard formatting might make searching the thread/skimming more helpful. Maybe something along the lines of:
Brand -
Item name -
Price -
Item composition -
Stock photo -
Personal comments/photos -

I'll start:

Brand - My Pant's
Item name - n/a
Size - M (Fits more like a 30-31, or slim 32)
Price - n/a
Item composition - 100% Cotton
Stock photo - See below
Personal comments/photos - See below​
36299630ee_12_f.jpg

Quite comfortable 2nd wearing. Elastic waistband. Quite slim. Not sure =\ ?
100% cotton, sort of like tech fabric i.e. cotton windbreaker.

I will probably return. Would have exchanged for 1 size up but not available

Brand - My Pant's
Item name - n/a
Size - M (Fits more like a 30-31, or slim 32)
Price - n/a
Item composition - 70/30 Cotton wool blend
Stock photo - See below
36288767ci_12_f.jpg

Cotton/wool composition blend. Again same thing with the above ^. Except this one has 1 size up available so will exchange. Again, elastic waistband, aggressive taper

Brand - April77
Item name - n/a
Size - 32 (Fits more like a TTS 32-34 waist, but slim legs)
Price - n/a
Item composition - Cotton
Stock photo - See below
42241994nl_12_f.jpg

Well, these are nice. Black denim with a good taper. Only thing is that the waist is 2 sizes too big, but tagged 32. Not sure if I should get the waist taken in. Photo is taken of jeans worn with a belt. Just your standard black denim but I think April 77 had a strong following in the past

Brand - Nike
Item name - n/a
Price - n/a
Size - M, fits a bit looser.
Item composition - 100% Cotton
Stock photo - See below
43161194hv_12_f.jpg

In general I liked my purchase in total. This though is probably my favorite. Some Nike sweats. lol
Elastic waist with drawstrings and ribbed hem.

FWIW, I bought all items thinking it will fit more like #4...

Last edited:

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the size on the first pair?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some type of standard formatting might make searching the thread/skimming more helpful. Maybe something along the lines of:

Brand -
Item name -
Price -
Item composition -
Stock photo -
Personal comments/photos -

Should be an interesting thread... how long before we'll have sampled all the random Yoox brands?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I bought some Campanile shoes. They're being returned so don't want to take pictures wearing, but the quality is quite good and they look great. these

Hope this thread takes off. Yoox pictures scare me away from a lot of things that look otherwise interesting.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like that idea but there may be a conflict of interest I think when it comes to disclosing item names. People can always take it to PM, which I think is the best place to help others finds things without putting it on the radar. So this is sort of exposing items but at the same time, be more about picking up the next thing on the list.

Not sure if this was intended to be enabler of purchasing power, but rather a consultant to the item or person in question. We have "Shah" already :eek:

That said, we'll test it out : )

Thanks Cyc wid it

I bought some Campanile shoes. They're being returned so don't want to take pictures wearing, but the quality is quite good and they look great. these
Hope this thread takes off. Yoox pictures scare me away from a lot of things that look otherwise interesting.

Those look sort of cool for beaters in the office. I am actually looking for a pair. Perhaps briefly explain what is wrong with them? Cheap leather I assume.

Following up with my first post, I decided to only keep the Nike sweats. The rest are being returned.

I will say that all the other bottoms are very nice for the price (under $100 excluding shipping). Small details that you only notice in person, and are all very neat at that. For example, the April77 denim came with a guitar pick and matching compartment pocket located at the top of the coin pocket (right side). VERY COOL. Imagine yourself at a bar or house party and you see a guitar lying around. You have your handy pick and start jamming. The ladies will love you.

The two other trousers are My Pant's on Yoox. Keep an eye out.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I like that idea but there may be a conflict of interest I think when it comes to disclosing item names. People can always take it to PM, which I think is the best place to help others finds things without putting it on the radar. So this is sort of exposing items but at the same time, be more about picking up the next thing on the list.
Not sure if this was intended to be enabler of purchasing power, but rather a consultant to the item or person in question. We have "Shah" already :eek:
That said, we'll test it out : )
Thanks Cyc wid it

This is true. I guess I had read in a database type of intent beyond immediate evaluation for the person posting.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brand - Uniqlo
Item name - Short Blouson
Size - XS (Go TTS is my suggestion so I would need a size small)
Price - $29.95 - 69.95
Item composition - Polyester
Stock photo - See below
Personal comments/photos - See below

09_072088.jpg

Prelimiary photos as I am returning for TTS. Photoed is an XS and though no movement is restricted upon wear aside from a little when zipped up, I much prefer a bit more volume. Size down for a fitted look IMO. Overall great jacket, durable as the tag implies, solid ribbing in terms of elasticity and will stretch overtime or with constant wear. The zipper and buttons on the jacket is designed with a hidden placket and is water repellent, tag states "DURABLE WATER REPELLENT". Very cool casual jacket that I bought for the only purpose of wearing to the office, but on the weekends, can still throw on when out in the city with some trousers and boots or sneakers.

From the offerings at the launch of the Undercover x Uniqlo collaboration, this beats all of UU Spring/Summer collection in my opinion.

Last edited:

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice topic GT.
i'm planning a modest yoox purchase (mostly pants) with all sorts of unknown brands. will report back.

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a good topic; I hope to see more people update with reviews of their Yoox purchases. I'm definitely looking for a good pair of drop crotch summer shorts, so I'd love to see if anyone has come across anything on Yoox for a solid price.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Nike sweats, gettoasty. Are they NSW or regular Nike?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tag states it as "Nike Sportswear" so yeah NSW
The sweat pant material is also relatively thick and heavy but soft at the same time. If you and anyone has handled W+H then it is similar.

Edit:
I did see these exact sweats at my local Nike Factory but for > ~$50. Of course no small sizes

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
*Photos all are huge hence the spoiler

070561_sub1.jpg
Brand - Uniqlo
Item name - Slim Fit Straight Jeans, Link: http://www.uniqlo.com/us/CPaGoods/itemcode=070561
Size - 30x34 (I am usually 16.5" measured across all my trousers, but according to most these stretch tons)
Price - $19.95 - 49.95
Item composition - Cotton/Polyester
Stock photo - See above

I want to keep it short and sweet so:
  • I would buy again
  • Nice comfy material, feels like jeggings or similar to the heattech leggings but heavier
  • Decent cut with a solid taper that is not too aggressive.

Brand - Fiorentini + Baker
Item name - Elf, Link: http://www.barneys.com/Fiorentini-Baker-Elf/00447760002002,default,pd.html?adtype=pla&kw={keyword}&gclid=COel1L7cvbACFYgERQodFV-lqg
Size - 41 (Size down for their footwear IMO by at least .5 at most 1; they do make half sizes)
Price - $200 - 400
Item composition - 100% soft leather
Stock photo - See above

Great supple leather, very soft inner lining. Tough outsole and leather exterior. I love the leather detail with the rolling effect.
Feels good on feet. Zipper pull is good. Wearing the same boots paired with the Uniqlo T001. Overall they are a great boot, and if you can find them on discount they are a very good value (re: Shah, thank you!)

A lot of other stuffs I want to review and give my takes on but been so busy/tired =\

Uniqlo floral print tee is awesome...print is beautiful but the neck is a definite crewneck so no drape. Size TTS
Uniqlo Short blouson, excellent Spring/Fall piece! Size TTS. Returned the original one in previous post ^

Uniqlo linen cardigan, excellent stuff...I want a black or grey one now, size TTS

Edit: The Uniqlo linen cardigan has gotten so much wear since I bought it. Excellent weight, bit on the heavy side as it is cotton-linen blend, but great nevertheless. Navy is quite beautiful color that when worn with a white OCBD you can see the transparency take place due to the linen context and the effect is quite nice. I still want a black one.

Last edited:

AHShadow

Reaction score
Hey Toasty,

The F+B boots look really awesome! I'm guessing the sale is already over? :violin:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They were more of a pop up sale. Keep an eye out and they may be back again.

Barney's supposedly has them go on sale too so keep an eye out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads