• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really nice, congrats!

I am about to make another Vass order.

Considering the green museum calf in the OE II but I am ever so torn and might be safe and just default to brown museum!!! Also going to go for a split toe blucher on F last, torn on colour here though! I am such a sucker for plum though....
Check this out, maybe your size
fing02[1].gif

http://www.styleforum.net/t/462694/...t-size-43-3-piece-trees-included#post_7730853

Gavinband

Reaction score
Alas, not my size, but they are the pair that got me considering the green!

Only reason I consider is because I have plum, oxblood and brown coming our my ears....

Derek92

Reaction score
Hello vass-aholics! I need help with sizing for Vass shoes as it is a total new world for me. Hopefully I can be helped because I don't have much, or any, experience in truly chiseled lasts. I'm hoping someone can tell me what I would be on the gauntlet of Vass lasts so that I am more knowledgeable when they appear in B&S, and when I save up for a new pair from Budapest.

9D - Brannock
8.5C/D - Barrie (Just got a pair of 947 C's that seem they will stretch perfectly but I previously wore Indy D's with room in the toebox)
8.5E/9D 888 Last EG
8D/E - 5 Last AE (Either fits but the E is roomier)
8.5G - 133 Last Church's
8 Stefano Bi Jodhpurs (Unsure last)

All of my other shoe experience doesn't really pertain to Vass. 42 CP/MMM Sneakers. 8.5 Oak Street Oxfords. 9D Quoddy. 8.5D Yuketen Etc.

Help would be VERY much appreciated.

velomane

Reaction score
Derek,

Your sizes are similar to mine. Based on your Brannock, Barrie, Quoddy and Yuketen, I'd say 41.5 Vass F last, but I have a low instep. Others may chime in with 42 on the F last.

stgrim

Reaction score
Derek,

Your sizes are similar to mine. Based on your Brannock, Barrie, Quoddy and Yuketen, I'd say 41.5 Vass F last, but I have a low instep. Others may chime in with 42 on the F last.

Hello vass-aholics! I need help with sizing for Vass shoes as it is a total new world for me. Hopefully I can be helped because I don't have much, or any, experience in truly chiseled lasts. I'm hoping someone can tell me what I would be on the gauntlet of Vass lasts so that I am more knowledgeable when they appear in B&S, and when I save up for a new pair from Budapest.

9D - Brannock
8.5C/D - Barrie (Just got a pair of 947 C's that seem they will stretch perfectly but I previously wore Indy D's with room in the toebox)
8.5E/9D 888 Last EG
8D/E - 5 Last AE (Either fits but the E is roomier)
8.5G - 133 Last Church's
8 Stefano Bi Jodhpurs (Unsure last)

All of my other shoe experience doesn't really pertain to Vass. 42 CP/MMM Sneakers. 8.5 Oak Street Oxfords. 9D Quoddy. 8.5D Yuketen Etc.

Help would be VERY much appreciated.

I would like to suggest 41 in the F last. You seem to have lightly narrow feet to be able to fit in the AE 5 last and EG 888 last. I size 8.5E in the AE5 last and US9D in the EG 888 last is slightly too tight for me. I take 41.5 in the F last and 42 in the U last in "G" width. Thus, I would conclude 41 F last for you.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you like these? Do you have pics of these bad boys?

Got 'em. They look great, but went right back in the box b/c weather has been so bad I haven't even thought about wearing them. I'll try to snap a pic in sunlight this weekend.

Last edited:

Derek92

Reaction score

I would like to suggest 41 in the F last. You seem to have lightly narrow feet to be able to fit in the AE 5 last and EG 888 last. I size 8.5E in the AE5 last and US9D in the EG 888 last is slightly too tight for me. I take 41.5 in the F last and 42 in the U last in "G" width. Thus, I would conclude 41 F last for you.

So would I be a 41.5 on the U Last? What width on the U? What about P2? Thanks for your help so far!

Gavinband

Reaction score
Gents,

Going to ask one time before pulling the trigger again!

Split toe blucher, Oslo or Norweger. Anyone have thoughts? I quite like both in all honesty but only going for one and my other order will be OE II in green museum.

Opinions/thoughts all appreciated as always.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads