• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same happen to me. You must tell to stamp the zise in the sole
True for RTW. Not so for some individual MTOs. I have half a dozen MTO's with no size markings on the soles. Shoes trees, however are always marked.
Same happened to me for the shoes. You must tell to stamp the zise in the sole for MTO.

striker

Reaction score
Those that received shoes without sizes marked, did you specify the sizes you wanted or did you give measurements of your feet instead?

Torsion

Reaction score

2 pair of MTO and 1 RTW and none are marked anywhere, not inside, not outside, not on boxes, not even on on trees

Just checked the OE's I'm wearing today - no marking on the shoe itself. Only on the trees. In fact I don't recall any of my other pairs having marking on the soles or anywhere else...

jssdc

Reaction score
Like RogerP, Reszo suggested doing a bit of wearing to determine fit, and was willing to exchange if they don't work. I went home and gave them a shot and am left struggling a bit. They certainly don't first badly, but the laces fully close right off the bat and there's a bit of heel slip. I'm concerned that this will get worse over time as the leather stretches. So maybe 42.5 would be better, but emotionally I want to stay with the 43 so that I can wear them tomorrow.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Like RogerP, Reszo suggested doing a bit of wearing to determine fit, and was willing to exchange if they don't work. I went home and gave them a shot and am left struggling a bit. They certainly don't first badly, but the laces fully close right off the bat and there's a bit of heel slip. I'm concerned that this will get worse over time as the leather stretches. So maybe 42.5 would be better, but emotionally I want to stay with the 43 so that I can wear them tomorrow.

i would send them back. ive been in your situation before (trading short term pleasure for long term enjoyment) and it doesn't end well. your first instinct, that they were too big is correct. the fit will only become more generous as the shoes break in.

its definitely worth the wait though, good luck!

Last edited:

striker

Reaction score
Those metal polish cream should get rid of it. If not, a fine sandpaper and some mineral oil.

prettywish

Reaction score
metal polish cream can get rid of the rust? I never know this. actually I use my nail file to do the job. but you can see the buckle is silver metal coated on brass, it becomes ugly after removing the silver metal coat.

striker

Reaction score
The metal polish would be more gentle than a file.

Once this has happened, you will have to oil it if you ever want to put it away for long term storage.

I should add that it is not rust. If indeed they are brass.

Last edited:

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: So what is the consensus on the U last? I have a normal width foot with a bit of high instep. As you can see from this photo these look too narrow. I'm a US 10.5+
These are 44.5. Do I give up on the U last? Are these just an anomaly? Is there a U wide? How does the K last compare?
Thanks

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
width

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads