1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

^ha that too!

osloer in cigar brown shell p2 last

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    14 people like this.
  3. janoy89

janoy89 Well-Known Member

@NAMOR is brown shell a standard offering from Vass? I love those U-Wing boots you posted a while back, hoping to get something similar later in the year.

4. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Well-Known Member

Perfect combo with that sole Namor!

1 person likes this.
  5. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

6. janoy89

janoy89 Well-Known Member

Great, thanks Namor. Boots look really nice

7. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

8. SoGent

SoGent Well-Known Member

those are tanks good job

9. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Well-Known Member

If you run out of bubblegum, I can't imagine you'll have much trouble in these babies.

2 people like this.
  10. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Namor - wow!

1 person likes this.
  11. TtownMD

TtownMD Well-Known Member

12. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This is one of the pictures Mr. Kuti sent me of my new shoes. In going to see if he can change the eyelets since I requested brass. They don't appear to be a bright white which I was hoping for but the lighting is dull in these pictures so I think it will be a bit lighter in person.

Edit: Apparently the eyelets are a deep brass and not black so I guess we'll see what the true color is of everything once they get here!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    2 people like this.
  13. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

Damn Namor. DAMM

[​IMG]

Vass back to back days

1 person likes this.
  14. hazwanazani

hazwanazani Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  15. Nik Telford

I'm planning on pairing them with bright coloured, chinos, casual summer trousers and maybe even jeans if I feel I can make a decent fit out of it. I've even got some patchwork shorts that I could pair them with if I feel like doing some GTH prep outfits. I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can work them into.

1 person likes this.
  16. jokb

jokb Well-Known Member

Nice! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. hazwanazani

hazwanazani Well-Known Member

Great ideas! Might wanna be careful with the jeans as you don't want to stain those nice white suede!

18. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Well-Known Member

I'm curious what you all think would be the Vass version of this color from Bonafe (Betis Castagna). I was thinking 6319 cognac or gold museum. I asked Rezso, and he thought antic cognac. Also, just placed an order for a pair of antic cognac punched captoe balmorals on F last. Gotta take advantage of the Euro madness.

[​IMG]
    And in case anyone has had the same crazy idea, I asked Rezso whether they could do a version of the EG Ullswater. He said no. [​IMG]

19. Nik Telford

Very true, I have a new pair of jeans coming to me soon so I'll probably wear them with some white sneakers first to test it out. I'm not a big jeans guy (I literally own one pair with one more on the way), so it will mostly be chinos and shorts.

Edit: I'm also amazed by the speed of the shipping, I got tracking today and it's due to arrive tomorrow here in Canada. Crazy.

20. ktown

ktown Well-Known Member

Can't decide what I want. I ordered a pair of K last oxblood monks 4 months ago, but I guess they haven't been able to make my shoes. As an apology, Vass is giving me a discount and I can change the makeup if I want. Perhaps I'll go with U last instead of K for the same makeup. Or I'm tempted to change to something like an oxblood austerity brogue wingtip derby boot. Or something else...

Here's my current shoe lineup. I'm not the type who own lots of shoes and I don't think I ever will. I get maybe 1 pair per year and aim for max versatility. I'm more on the casual side and am actually moving toward a SW&D/MC Casual aesthetic since I wear jeans everyday for a new job I started last year.

-Meermin double monk - brown - these are my "lowest" quality and my plan was to get the Vass monks to phase these Meermins out. Now on second thought I feel that the shoes are just fine and there's no need to add another monk when my shoe collection is small and will stay small.
    -C&J Lindrick
    -Carmina black jumper boot
    -Vass OE plain black U last for formal occasions - I wear a suit maybe 2 times in a year, perhaps more if I'm job hunting, which I don't see happening for several years.
    -Vass budapester U last antique cognac shell