• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my first pair showed up. Bitter sweet, cause they look good in a 44.5 H width, but the toe box is still a little tight. A bit disappointed since i was hoping not to have to go to a 45 H width. Although after measuring them against my MTO GG shoes, whey are still shorter in comparison. Maybe a 45 H width might not be so bad for my next pair, although i don't know if the risk is worth taking again.

In any case, here are a couple of pics:

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow those look great! H width?!?

What are your sizes again?

Last edited:

partyof6

Reaction score
What color polish would you use on these? I ordered the Saphir mid brown, but it looks too dark. I'd like to keep the color of the shoes as is. They are antique cognac and have a slight red tint to them.

From NMWA site:

IRL:

sestyle

Reaction score
For that shade I'd cook up a mix of mid and light brown, with a dollop of congac. You might not need much mid brown at all. It is on the dark side of brown for sure, and the dark brown is nearly black.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes, cognac scotch grain. These are from NMWA.

Looks like the same as offered by EP. I am a big fan of scotch grain and this is a very nice color. Vass does scotch grain very well.

Thanks Frank! I dig your Alt Wein. You wear them with denim or no?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks Frank! I dig your Alt Wein. You wear them with denim or no?

Yes, definitely with denim. I think the New Peter, grained leather, and Goyser welt all combine to make that work nicely.

Those EP Theresianers ought to show the grain nicely since they lack broguing and medallion. I think the way scotch grain looks on the toe cap is great.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

US 11 EE -EEE
UK 10.5 G in GG
and it looks like 45 H in VASS.

You will note that H width is Vass's extra wide sizing, with F width being their regular. I'm a bit disappointed about the fit, I was really hoping to get some staples from VASS. Back to the drawing board I guess...

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes, definitely with denim. I think the New Peter, grained leather, and Goyser welt all combine to make that work nicely.

Those EP Theresianers ought to show the grain nicely since they lack broguing and medallion. I think the way scotch grain looks on the toe cap is great.

Perfect. Thanks. I completely agree about the EP version although I wish they had the Goyser stitch. Will probably pull the trigger though. I'll post some shots once I have them

partyof6

Reaction score
For that shade I'd cook up a mix of mid and light brown, with a dollop of congac. You might not need much mid brown at all. It is on the dark side of brown for sure, and the dark brown is nearly black.

I hadn't thought about mixing a cocktail of colors. Thanks for the tip!

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

US 11 EE -EEE
UK 10.5 G in GG
and it looks like 45 H in VASS.

You will note that H width is Vass's extra wide sizing, with F width being their regular. I'm a bit disappointed about the fit, I was really hoping to get some staples from VASS. Back to the drawing board I guess...

If it's just the toe box, stick to the same size, pick F last

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
U last is the toughest to size I think it's good to try on p2 and f and then attempt U.

jS, are they wearable?

nosrep123

Reaction score
How does the U last compare to Carmina Rain or Forest last? How about Alden?

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If it's just the toe box, stick to the same size, pick F last

+1. The difference in the toebox between my U and P2 is unbelievable. I might have to offload my 42.5 U cos they're pretty crippling after a day's wear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads