1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

Interestingly, those are already a half size down than the usual. I think the P2 has just more casual last feel than say, the F or U.

For me, length was good; I have a low instep so they didn't work well for me as well. Hope it works out with the insole! I'll get your PM about sizes by tomorrow @ironist!

2. Ironist

Ironist Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I read about the shell sizes and quite a bit about people with P2 last needing to size down so I'm glad it's not just me. It was just very odd that this is half a size down from my usual size yet it had so much more room/heel lift than my other shoes. I'm just hoping my incoming 40 U last oxford that is half a size larger and the incoming shell F-lasts in the same 39.5 size will fit... Will be very sad if Vass just doesn't work out for me.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

yeah for shell blucher boot i need p2 44.5, f 45, u 45.5

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  4. joiji

joiji Well-Known Member

This may be more a boot issue than a shoe issue. I took the same size in F and P2 (F last calf, P2 in shell).

5. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

This. Is. KILLER. [​IMG]

6. Ironist

Placed the order for these half a year ago and they just came in. You guys are probably sick of seeing gold museum austerity brogues by now though :D.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  7. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Doesn't get old.

8. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

This. Very cool kicks. (Year and a half??)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  9. razl

razl Well-Known Member

I'll never tire of seeing good, or in this case fantastic, ones. Crappier, lesser attempts get the quick scroll...

Congrats!

10. Flake

Flake Well-Known Member

Those never get old

11. rc121

rc121 Well-Known Member

looks like he said half a year, but that is exorbitantly longer than the normal 4-6 weeks. Who did you order through ironist? I can't imagine it was direct thru Vass

12. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

Unless he was waiting for a specific leather. Ilcea did not get their leathers out until just a few months ago; other tanneries were being used during the brief hiatus.

13. rc121

rc121 Well-Known Member

I guess if he specified Ilcea gold museum because he preferred that to the ones other members like RP got, that would be understandable.

14. Ironist

Thanks guys. Yes, it was back in February so 6 months / half a year. When I placed the order I didn't see any gold museum austerity brogues. During that time I saw like half a dozen or so gold museum shoes in the exact same makeup so I didn't think it had anything to do with shortage. I was hoping they were just trying to find me the perfect shade of gold museum calf since I wanted something closer to the ilcea ones and I did mention it but these look like the same shade as the other ones I've seen so I don't know.

I ordered it through Notch but I wouldn't lay any of the blame with him, he's been terrific. Around 2 months ago I messaged him thinking the order was lost but he contacted Vass and they said the shoes were almost finished. We're not really sure why it took so long for this particular pair but I have a hunch they just lost my order and started the shoes around the time I complained to Notch. That's the only thing that makes sense and I would understand since mistakes happen. However, if this was the case, I would have preferred they just told me the truth rather than saying it was almost done as I probably would have changed my order. I guess if I was more of a complainer I would have gotten them sooner but like I said, I was kind of hoping they'd take long enough to get me an ideal pair :D.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  15. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Well-Known Member

They look pretty ideal to me!
    I think the Aussie group order swamped them so its very possible yours fell thru the cracks

16. meister

meister Well-Known Member

The saddle shoe look of those is a bonus to the simple austerity brogue.

17. Swede66

Swede66 Well-Known Member

F-last birds view.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

are those wides? also, there is toe-cap creasing. :nodding:

19. Swede66

Swede66 Well-Known Member

Yes, wide fit (G).
    All cap toes from Vass get cap creasing. Inner toe puff is shorter than outer cap.

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Can we rename you captain obvious? You're like the photo except with 989 less words