• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dlind

Reaction score
rikod and dlind - great stuff gents!
Thanks, wore the monks today and they are SO comfortable! A huge difference from any of my previous shoes. Here is an in the wild picture.

Swede66

Reaction score

I just received my two pair of shoes, one par of double monks and one pair of Old English both on the U last and in antique cognac. I also ordered three pair of belts. I must really recommend Vass and Rezo to all that are thinking about ordering, I got the size 0.5 wrong on the first pair I bought and Rezo changed them in to a more appropriate size without and hesitation! The quality speaks for itself, simply amazing, easily the best quality I have handled. The colour is a bit lighter then in the pictures.
Is it a suede belt in the middle? I bought a pair of suede shoes from Vass i Feb and asked Rezsö if they had suede belts. He told me that they only had box calf belts to sell.

dlind

Reaction score
Is it a suede belt in the middle? I bought a pair of suede shoes from Vass i Feb and asked Rezsö if they had suede belts. He told me that they only had box calf belts to sell.
Yes that is a suede belt. That's weird, its in their mid brown suede. Might add that I think I ordered in late feb.

Last edited:

DJJD

Reaction score
What an awesome pair, j ingevaldsson !
Greetings

Last edited:

alloy13

Reaction score

Someone help me identify all the colours in this image please? This was posted before, but no identification was done.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Someone help me identify all the colours in this image please? This was posted before, but no identification was done.
I'd say, from left: oxblood, black, antique cognac, dark brown, 6319 cognac (or maybe cognac), 6125 dark cognac. The double monk is harder, not sure if it's oxblood again or Bordeaux.

Last edited:

fllick

Reaction score
Does anyone know if vass charges more if I want to do a 2 leather derby? Like scotch grain/calf combined. Thanks! Because I got quoted 520 euros without shoe trees and toe taps. Was wondering if it was the price increase or the design.

alloy13

Reaction score
Can someone post a comparison shot of calf cognac vs 6319 cognac vs antique cognac please?

I can't tell the difference between 6319 cognac and cognac. 6319 is rarely heard of.

Slickman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cognac is a bit more "yellow"
6319 Cognac is a bit more "orange"
Antique Cognac is a bit more "red"

By a bit, I mean the undertone of the polish, the colors are by no means yellow, orange, or red

Google the colors, I'm sure you will find 100s of pictures

alloy13

Reaction score
Cognac is a bit more "yellow"
6319 Cognac is a bit more "orange"
Antique Cognac is a bit more "red"

By a bit, I mean the undertone of the polish, the colors are by no means yellow, orange, or red

Google the colors, I'm sure you will find 100s of pictures
100s of pictures under different lighting, so all are useless.

Anyone can do a side-by-side comparison shot? And where does dark cognac fit into all this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads