• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thecentennial

Reaction score
Any thoughts? Rezso is waiting for me to get back to him.

I'm thinking double leather, flush steel toe.

But not sure about size...what's a 10.5D Barrie in the P2?? 44 or 45? I'm normally (just about) an 11E (or a wide D), but the Barrie D extra width fits me perfectly.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Any thoughts? Rezso is waiting for me to get back to him.
I'm thinking double leather, flush steel toe.
But not sure about size...what's a 10.5D Barrie in the P2?? 44 or 45? I'm normally (just about) an 11E (or a wide D), but the Barrie D extra width fits me perfectly.

what does rezso recommend?

thecentennial

Reaction score
..he hasn't, yet - I'm waiting for him to respond. He normally gets back to me on a daily basis, but the last few days he has been quiet. Weekend probably.

Was hoping to get some feedback from SF members who have bought in the P2 last, to help me have a more constructive and expedited communication with Reszo.

Edit: I realise I may have contradicted myself..Reszo is waiting for me AND I am waiting for him..:)

Last edited:

thecentennial

Reaction score
So, I've settled on a pair of norweger, new peter, cigar cordovan, jr soles (double to single)' steel toe plate, 360 goyser, natural stitching, natural sole edge.

How do they sound? I can tweak...not sure about the double to single tapered sole..they look good, but not sure if they are too dressy for these casual style shoes.

sstomcat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, I've settled on a pair of norweger, new peter, cigar cordovan, jr soles (double to single)' steel toe plate, 360 goyser, natural stitching, natural sole edge.
How do they sound? I can tweak...not sure about the double to single tapered sole..they look good, but not sure if they are too dressy for these casual style shoes.

Are you able to order the cigar directly from Vass? I thought they have black and bordo only...
good luck though.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds great! I'd stick with a straight double sole for that though. Enjoy!

dfoverdx

Reaction score

I am not a grand fan of norweger shoes but New peter last is very nice (very close to F last, i've near 10 vass shoes- i buy only vass shoes as they are cheap-, U,F and New peter lasts).. it's definitely better in real than in photos that you find on vass website... I went twice to Budapest to buy VASS shoes and can say that Rezso is a great guy, it's a pleasure to deal with him.. I've never asked him for cigar cordo, it'll be my next shoe purchase

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i personally don't like double to single in general and particular on a norweger.

emc894

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of F and New Peter lasts side by side?

thecentennial

Reaction score
What are peoples thoughts on the 270 v 360 goyser?

I want this to be a very casual shoe, hence the 360. I think the 270 is great, but does maintain some sense of formality.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would go no goyser, imagine your beautiful cigar in that shoe, no distractions, still gonna be casual

thecentennial

Reaction score
Look at the pair on page 1 of this thread, beautiful bordo calf norweger, full 360 goyser. Looks great. This is the look I want. I dont think it overpowers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads