1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. VRaivio

VRaivio Well-Known Member

ncdobson, that is one beefy pair. What I love about grain leather is how creases won't show much.

2. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Well-Known Member

Those are awesome! Congrats.

How do you find the fit of the 3636 vs other lasts such as the P2 and F?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  3. VRaivio

The Vass Budapester last, how's the fit? True to size or something else entirely?

4. Slewfoot

They run a bit on the small side length-wise compared to the F and P2 lasts. They're not particularly wide. I'd say around as wide as the P2 fit wise, but definitely shorter. If the P2 is roomy on you length-wise you can probably wear the same size. If the P2 is somewhat snug length-wise you can may have to go a half size up.

5. Fiddler

Fiddler Well-Known Member

Nice work Sir...good to hear you made it without any proxy nonsense...it's not rocket science dealing with Vass.

6. VRaivio

Slewfoot, thanks! I guess part of Vass's reputation is bringing Budapesters to the front again. Heinrich Dinkelacker is another maker known for the style, but their lasts are ugly and wide blobs.

7. Slewfoot

My pleasure! While I can't comment on Dinelacker's lasts, the version of Vass's Budapest last is surprisingly elegant.

8. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

Nice shoes, ncdobson.

9. sm31

sm31 Well-Known Member

10. Concordia

Concordia Well-Known Member

The big fit difference between Budapester/3636 and P2 is the instep. P2 is lower and more elegant, as well as longer and a bit less supportive. If that fits you, great. I have suede Budapesters in the P2 that are just starting to stretch into comfort for me. On the other hand, I get great support and effortless fit with the Budapester last as well as 3636; those two are nearly the same except for the shape of the toe.

11. sstomcat

sstomcat Well-Known Member

IMO there are significant differences b/w the two last other than the toe.As earlier mentioned Budapester is a shorter narrower last as well as a more tight fitting heel. The ball area of the foot is also significantly snug than same size 3636 lasted shoe.
    So in essence if you have a wider foot going 1/2 size up will be a intelligent move.
    P2 should not be compared to either of the above but more to the F last. The vamp and toe are much narrower with a lower instep than the F.

12. ncdobson

ncdobson Well-Known Member

Thanks. These are my 1st Vass shoes, so I can't compare lasts. I wanted a traditional last, but the Budapest looks a little clunky to me in pix (I've never seen them in person). So I picked 3636, & it sounds like I got lucky in choosing a last that works pretty well for me. I usually have rubbing at the instep, but not w/ these. My 1 small quibble w/ the shoes is that the black stitching for the goyser (recommended by Mr. Kuti) is all but invisible against the dark welt. I wanted something that would stand out a little.

13. sdolina

sdolina Well-Known Member

Waiting for arrival

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Well-Known Member

K last?

1 person likes this.
  16. bboysdontcryy

Gentlemen, I spoke to Vass and they tell me that the Vass U last fits pretty much like Crockett and Jones and recommended that I get UK 6.5 if I wear that size for my shoes. Are their directions spot on? Do people tend to get the same size on Vass as they do on their English makes?

I wear 6.5 for Crockett and Jones (337 last -- Clifford) and Lobb (7000 last), BUT a 7 on G & G (smart toe last) though this is a boot. US 7 on the Barrie last (still roomy) and 6.5 UK for Meermins, Size 7 for Carmina (again, this is a boot) and I could go on ... but :)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  17. Medwed

Medwed Well-Known Member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A
    So which size they recommended? I 'd say you are 39.5 in U-last

18. bboysdontcryy

They didn't recommend anything. I told them I wear 6.5 UK in C & J, and they said that I'll wear the equivalent in EU. -- whatever that means. I was wondering if I should size up by 1/2 at all.

19. bboysdontcryy

"Dear ...

First of all we would like to thank you for your interesting about Vass Shoes!

We can make and send shoes for you to London. We are shipping by FedEx and you can pay by wire transfer only. Usually we need 6 weeks to make a shoe ready. We can make any model any color for the standard price. We are using the same size scale like Crocket & Jones, or Church’s etc.

If I can help, or you have questions left, then please contact me!"

20. gsugsu

gsugsu Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Spoo's use of U indicates that they are not on the K last