1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. bpgf

bpgf Member

2. vriche

vriche Well-Known Member

Great input, thanks a lot, guys.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mrlol

Mrlol Well-Known Member

Oh guys i feel so sad, im in Budapest Atm and went to the store to try different sizes (they have open christmas time on sunday to 16:00)
    I tried all and liked the F last the best, but My feet have a very high instep so it was Alot of presure under the laises. She told Me thats it possible to do make the shoe widther where the presure is but wasnt sure they would fit anyway. AM i doomed???? I loved the shoes So much but expect of that problem the shoes fitted great! I though F last was for customers with higher instep? But she told me it has Low instep ://

Should i buy the shoes anyway and hope the presure dissapers?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  4. justsayno

justsayno Well-Known Member

You got to buy shoes that fit the instep

5. Concordia

Concordia Well-Known Member

If F is tight on the instep, there's not much you can do. I couldn't get into the regular F for much the same reason so I tried the wide fitting-- (not sure if it is "F" width or something different). The fit isn't awful, especially in Norwegers, but it isn't great. Regular P2 is much better.

Too bad. It is one of the nicer RTW lasts out there. Those who fit into the regular width will have most of their good shoe requirements solved.

6. Mrlol

Mrlol Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    If you look at the picture i have hard presure between the c and b area, is that the instep?

Wow i have the same problem at the B area in the F last. Can you guys recommend any other lasts that would fit for me?

7. Poshak Man

Poshak Man Well-Known Member

y

This is a beautiful color. Will have to get a pair in this color.

8. Mrlol

Mrlol Well-Known Member

Ill go back tomorrow and see how the p2 fit feels thanks for the advice!
    I uploaded a picture can you say that My feet has high instep in those areas? Is that right so i know what to say when i discuss the fitting

9. Nikola

Nikola Well-Known Member

Walnut M.?

10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Order a pair MTO and ask them to use fitting pieces over the instep to give you more space. Mr. Kuti knows all about this. I've had pairs made with fitting pieces at the ball and toe to increase width.

Having said that, P2 definitely has a huge instep...

11. Mrlol

Mrlol Well-Known Member

Meaning
    meaning that its a small chance that they can help me and get the F last to fit me if i order MTO?

12. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Yes, they will add an extra leather piece to the instep of the last before lasting the upper to give your instep more space.

See this picture:

[​IMG]

13. Mrlol

Mrlol Well-Known Member

man thanks Alot will be back there tomorrow and ask them! Will they measure My foot so they know what thickness is needed etc?

14. anzo

anzo Well-Known Member

Yes, they will need to measure your feet to make a customized last for you. This is kind of a semi-bespoke service as they will use the "addition method" as described in earlier posts to adapt an existing last to fit your feet. There is an upcharge for this but it could be worth it if you're set on the F-last. What they will probably ask you for is to come in for a fitting once your shoes are done to verify the fit.

I had a pair of F's made like this but without the test fitting at their shop. Unfortunately the instep wasn't roomy enough so there's some pain involved in wearing them... This would probably have been rectified had I been on site for the test fitting which I wasn't able to do.

Now I have a pair of U-last oxfords in walnut museum inbound as posted a page back. They're also made on "my" last and I'm really looking forward to experience the fit.

15. anzo

anzo Well-Known Member

Yes, the hue is called "Walnut museum" and it is the latest addition to the museum calf lineup. There's probably another more correct name also but this is what Vass themselves are using in correspondence.

16. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Well-Known Member

Ilcea calls it Cordon.

17. Webbo

Webbo Well-Known Member

I had the same problem as you, the F was too tight in excactly that area "b". I had a pair of wider F lasted shoes made but still the instep was too tight. The answer for me was the P2 last, supremely comfortable in all areas. I have 3 pairs now on the P2 and they look great, particularly the budapester model which I think really suits this last.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2016
  18. Mrlol

Mrlol Well-Known Member

Thank you, how much dextra does this semi bespoke service cost?

19. sliq

sliq Well-Known Member

Would also be interested to know price for the semi bespoke :) Cheers

20. anzo

anzo Well-Known Member

You'll have to check the current price list with Vass. I had a previous arrangement which means I'm not sure exactly what the cost is. Best guess is somewhere between 100-200€.