1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scatterbrain, Dec 29, 2014.

1. ADub

ADub Well-Known Member

Last time I was there was in Dec and there was hardly anything. I would think Saks would have a good selection. Anyone know if there's a grand opening sale of some sort?

2. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Well-Known Member

Both are wonderful but I would really be after #2

3. jokb

jokb Well-Known Member

Actually #1 should've been this;

[​IMG]

Thanks for weighing in. Love option 2 as well. I think I'm going to order these.

4. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Well-Known Member

Keep us posted. Ordering both? Any other details? Last, welt, sole?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  5. jokb

jokb Well-Known Member

Yeah both. Suede on F, grain on P2. Suede probably haf sole with rubber oversole and flush metal taps. Grain probably single dainite. Speed hooks on both.

But let's see if there are others that would chime in and make me change my mind (or add a third pair)

6. sungmineyo

sungmineyo Well-Known Member

Love this option but I would be also in for option 2. Can you give us details on last, sole and size range?

7. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Well-Known Member

Ever since I learned that they don't carry suits in Size 36, I've never felt compelled to look into their Eidos selection anymore. Last time I went in, they only carried sport coats and suits. Not sure if that's changed since.

Saks in Canada will not be carrying Eidos in store at this time, but it can be ordered in from the USA. Although if enough demand is made for it, that could change.

As far as I've heard, there's no grand opening sale but it is double points weekend for those who opt in for the SaksFirst membership program.

Also: Saks will be carrying Corthay. No Edward Green, though. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. NickInTO

NickInTO Well-Known Member

Some great deals on Eidos sportscoats at GotStyle. A blue double breasted in 42, a check jacket and a light grey donegal in 44. All 40% off the sale price. Range from $550 to $680 before the 40%. Also a suede vest and a suede jacket thing. A few light blue shirts in size 16 and up.

9. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Well-Known Member

They are sounding good. Not really drawn to the suede combo as much.

There is something about that Oxblood or Bordeaux Grain that gets my interest. And lets not even talk about the navy or green grain.... Damn.

10. stanchri

stanchri Well-Known Member

Those are some great prices. Is it this in store only?

11. ADub

ADub Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about the 36. It's hard enough finding stores that stock it regularly let alone on sale. Harry Rosen tends to have quite a few but I don't consider their discount on tailored clothing that great.

Saks not carrying Eidos dampens my enthusiam to stop by significantly but I'll probably still check out the store. Will they stock Isaia?

Corthay is certainly interesting and I'd like to check them out. I can count three places that stock Edward Green off the top of my head but I suspect Saks would have had the lowest price, especially on sale.

12. NickInTO

Believe so, don't see them on the site.

13. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

Any size 40 jackets?

14. NickInTO

No - it's pretty limited stock left, hence the 40% off. Might be different at the Distillery location.

15. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Well-Known Member

Just popped in to Saks Fifth Ave to have a look around. Nice store and it was quite busy. As expected, lots of fashion victims people were there to check it out on day one.

The men's shop will probably meet your expectations. It's not huge, taking up a bit more than half of the second floor. All the usual suspects are there: Burberry, Armani, Ralph Lauren, etc. The denim collection was a bit pointless. There were nice little sections for Charvet and Isaia. The shoes were mainly designer streetwear and run-of-the-mill premium brands like Ferragamo and Zegna. There was also a small watch section but again the brand choices were poor (Movado, Nixon, Shinola) though they had a few Alpinas.

16. ADub

ADub Well-Known Member

That's good to hear. How is the selection for sizing for Charvet and Isaia?

I understand why they would carry the watches they do. Anyone really serious about timepieces probably don't think of Saks when shopping.

17. MrGimpy

The watches were located near streetwear shoes and the casual section, so the brands sort of make sense. With the exception of Movado, perhaps.

The selection of both Charvet and Isaia seemed quite good but I have no idea on size ranges; $625 OTR shirts aren't really my thing.

18. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

Then anything that is worthwhile there?

19. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

Nope.

They have RL purple label, but it's the black label rebranded stuff. Not the hand made purple label.

It was nice to see Corneliani and Dunhill though.

The Dunhill suits were a decent value and made in Zegna's Spain factory. But they might have been fused considering the low price point.

20. MrGimpy

I didn't see any reason to go back, either, though the layout and merchandising were fine.