• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

emidyl

Reaction score
All this banter the last week be it negative, speculative, or otherwise has brought about some very positive movement.

I'm genuinely excited to see what is in store for LF in the near future.

sirLF

Reaction score
Ideyi, I was one of your customers when you opened your store doors on the first day. Toronto is lucky to have LF store and I will continue to support it and really looking to tailoring suiting coming in.

Cheers.

@sirLF for the record, that was one of the classiest vendor interventions I've ever seen on this site. Good for you for wading in and standing up for your business model without being overly aggressive or the least bit condescending. People can complain all they want but it's your skin in the game not theirs.

I look forward to your new store and hopefully future success.

Thank you so much for your wonderful support and encouragement. It's truly appreciated and I'm very humbled.
Please, if either of you plan to stop by some time to say hello, I would truly love to know so I can be there to meet and share a cup of coffee or tea.

Best regards

sirLF

Reaction score
On the contrary, you've garnered my respect for speaking up.

Thank you sir!

Your support is very much appreciated.

All the best and I can't wait to organize something so we can all reconnect again at the new store.

emidyl

Reaction score
Grab the Chromexcel Carmina jumpers from Skoak like N-O-W.

I have a pair of Chromoexcel AE Bayfields that I have beat on hard for 3 years and they just shrug it off. The Carminas would be that much better yet. Sitting on my wallet only because I have something similar on order from GF.
spot on advice there Roger.
Our boots are delayed :(

sirLF

Reaction score
sirLF = Ideyi? Would be so cool to have him posting up some fit pics - that dude has got serious game.

lol
Thank you Roger, that's a massive compliment sir.

I will do my best to start posting soon.

Cheers!

sirLF

Reaction score
@sirLF Thank you for coming on here and setting things straight. I was sure there had to be some sort of error as your prices have always been reasonable. I really hope to see Alden on your shelves soon so I can give you a lot more of my business!

Thank you!

Yes, I assure the Alden's will be there very soon and we will service it well. I promise.

All the best to you sir.

sirLF

Reaction score
All this banter the last week be it negative, speculative, or otherwise has brought about some very positive movement.

I'm genuinely excited to see what is in store for LF in the near future.

Thank you for the wonderful wishes @emidyl

My very best regards to you.

Cheers!

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Grab the Chromexcel Carmina jumpers from Skoak like N-O-W.

I have a pair of Chromoexcel AE Bayfields that I have beat on hard for 3 years and they just shrug it off.  The Carminas would be that much better yet.  Sitting on my wallet only because I have something similar on order from GF.

Thanks for the tip, Roger. I'm also sitting on my wallet at the moment so may just make do for another winter. I'll have a peek in NYC but the exchange rate makes things much less tempting south of the border.

In any case, you've confirmed my thoughts that CXL is the way to go.

Jaackytung

Reaction score
Leatherfoot has always been more than fair in terms of their pricing anyways. Both my Carminas ordered from the webstore themselves ended up being around $700 a pair after I was absolutely destroyed by duties. I've been hit too many times by hidden duties and taxes, I find myself rather tired by it, and not really willing to risk it anymore. I'd rather go local and get a pair of Vass from Jokb or buy Carmina from LF where there are no surprises in pricing anyways. Everytime I've popped in staff have been friendly, and there is always something beautiful to gawp at anyways.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Ring Jacket from LF was a great deal. Haven't bought Carmina in a while but would certainly consider buying from LF.

Cityplace

Reaction score
It would be nice if LF could have a Carmina trunk show like those guys in NYC are having! @sirLF would that be an option?

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Leatherfoot has always been more than fair in terms of their pricing anyways. Both my Carminas ordered from the webstore themselves ended up being around $700 a pair after I was absolutely destroyed by duties. I've been hit too many times by hidden duties and taxes, I find myself rather tired by it, and not really willing to risk it anymore. I'd rather go local and get a pair of Vass from Jokb or buy Carmina from LF where there are no surprises in pricing anyways. Everytime I've popped in staff have been friendly, and there is always something beautiful to gawp at anyways. 

The big question, will the tariffs and duties on shoes from the UK and EU drop once the free trade deal is phased in?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads