1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by reedobandito, Jun 27, 2011.

1. duff406

duff406 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the rec's. I'm working on our eating itinerary as we speak. Will report back if I find anything new of note. Thanks!

2. eglbc

eglbc Well-Known Member

Seems like mens retail in pdx is pretty stale at the moment. Its down to tanner, frances may, and machus for sf approved. Unless im missing something?

3. eglbc

eglbc Well-Known Member

anyone want swoosh employee store pass?

1 person likes this.
  4. djblisk

djblisk Well-Known Member

Why Why does this come up when I'm not in Seattle. Been there so many times and have never been able to get one.

Do they expire? If not I would like one for my next Seattle trip.

5. js0930

js0930 Well-Known Member

I could definitely use one if it's still available. Should I pm you?

6. eglbc

eglbc Well-Known Member

yeah why not?

Whos got a extra columbia pass?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  7. Andurew Choi

Andurew Choi Well-Known Member

Was anyone actually able to get anything good from france May's blow out sale?

8. eglbc

eglbc Well-Known Member

My wife went and she said it got cleaned out pretty quick. They did have a geller puffer denim for 160$, but it was a weird white sleeve make up ive never seen.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Tasty and Alder was my best meal in Portland a few weekd back. I didn't do fine dining this go around and missed the bone marrow chowder at Ox.

1 person likes this.
  10. Andurew Choi

Andurew Choi Well-Known Member

Yeah I arrived at the sale 15 minutes before it opened and was in a line half way around the block.

I've yet to try Ox yet, is it worth going?

11. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

YES. Yes, it is.

12. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

Random question: So the tiny food cart pod at 19th and Quimby is closed now. I know one of the carts re-opened a block away, but what are my other food cart options in NW? Is my next best option really the big pod downtown next to City Target? I don't mind biking there once in a while, but...

13. oboy_oboy

Well there is the new taco "cart" on Northrup b/w 16th and 17th. Frogtown Tacos, from the Nuestra Cocina peeps. It's pretty solid. But as for a cart pod, I don't know of one... I need to ask around the office. We have some cart hounds who will know the deal. The Quimby pod was a couple blocks away, so we're all pretty bummed at its demise.

On the plus side, a new condo building will be built on that lot, since this city doesn't have enough of those projects right now.

1 person likes this.
  14. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Well-Known Member

Hey! Sounds just like SF!

Anyways, Otis, what else should we be eating/drinking in PDX while we're home for a very short holiday week? We've got resos at Coquine and Ava Gene's, gonna try to squeeze in a to go pizza from Pizza Jerk on way into town from PDX. Also trying to jam Ox in there at some point.

Any new bars worth seeking out? Bit House Saloon?

Thanks!

15. oboy_oboy

Well, I'm not out and about that much, but I do think the bar at Renata is pretty strong. I haven't gotten over to Pizza Jerk yet but I'm excited to hit it up (it's super inconvenient for us location wise). Likewise, Bit House looks appealing but haven't stopped in yet. #dadlife

I always love Luce but it's not new. Likewise I find Cyril's surprisingly well done and sort of under the radar. I love Ox. They really know what's up. Mad love for Scottie's Pizza on Division. It's so damn good and serves by slice. Nothing fancy and just a few drinks by the bottle/can. But it's 100% legit. Other ones on my list to hit based on feedback are La Moule and Burrasca, both on Clinton, and Taylor Railworks.

Enjoy your visit and let us know what you ate/drank that was notable!

16. ipractice

ipractice Well-Known Member

Longshot, but I'll be in portland next week for 2 days. Any way to get a Nike employee pass? I didn't realize how hard they were to get.

17. WestLinn

WestLinn Active Member

I wish I could hit you up, but they are really difficult to come by unless you are close with someone who works there. My need for Nike Employee store passes has now gone down tremendously since my daughter is going to play soccer at a Nike sponsored school and all her stuff is free. No more buying soccer shoes. Whoo hooo.

18. eglbc

eglbc Well-Known Member

Pizza jerks pretty solid. Fan of the haole pie. I live in that pizza triangle, its getting dangerous. I want to try the new kens annex in pine st. market for some premium NYC style slices. Anyone been in there yet?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  19. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Well-Known Member

Pizza Jerk is SO good. The clam & bacon pie, the Dan Dan pie... mmmmmmm.

20. eglbc

eglbc Well-Known Member

edit.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016