1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The UK/EU tie swap box rises from the Ashes - Reborn Stateside

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ThinkDerm, Dec 11, 2012.

1. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

Ok then. I think I will give 2 and take 2. :)

2. in stitches

ok, here is what was in the box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

im not a PS guy, but i think they all are terrible. someone please burn them and get them out of the box.

i am not sure what i am taking yet, but here is what i am giving.

gray/silver with white pin dots RLPL and a solid light blue herringbone seven fold corneliani.

if you guys think that is not legit, lmk, and ill find something else.

sorry, i could not part with teh cashmere hober.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  3. in stitches

decision made. taking these.

hope to ship to allaboutshoes, tomorrow.

[​IMG]

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

in good taste.

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Both were mine :slayer:

6. steveoly

steveoly Well-Known Member

I like your additions Stitch, but the rest of the box is already pretty unsavory. :hide: :lurk:

7. in stitches

indeed

indeed

thanks! and indeed.

8. in stitches

buuut, the green raw silk is sweet, the beige herringbone is ok too. the red check is passable and the knits are an embarrassment to ties.

we really need to find like 6 generous peeps to donate 2 nice ties each to get the box started with a bang, and then go from there. that way each person that gets the box will have a decent selection. instead of each person just taking the previous 1 or 2 that just got added.

SO i propose if TD is willing, to try and find a way to get a half dozen peeps to send 2 NICE ties each to me. make the box AWESOME, and take the crap to goodwill or something. the new ties will not be for me. i will stick to the 2 i have chosen. all additions that come to me will be for the box to have stock.

TD, yes?

anyone else wanna chime in?

if ya'll are good with this, i will take responsibility of making it happen. i would need i think a week at most.

1 person likes this.
  9. ThinkDerm

i'll let you try and round up the extra ties.

the box was filled with many awful ties when I got it. all you need is to take one good one and replace with one good one. the tie box is also like marriage. you see many fish in the sea, but you just need to find one (or two) to make you happy. pass the box on shoes, let him take one (or two) and add one (or two) and move the box along to the next guy.

There is currently a green raw silk tie, a light brown herringbone, a red gingham, a RLPL and a corneliani and other stuff. That's enough for the next guy. Let's keep it moving.

10. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Well-Known Member

So I'm after allaboutshoes, yes?

11. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Well-Known Member

SO PUT IN TEH CASHMERE HOBER! :brick: I do have some nice additions I am willing to add, but again its a catch 22. I'm not going to take shit and put in good ties. Personally not so into the additions from stitchy but thats just my opinion (and I was eyeing that brown linen :sneaky2: ). Let me know what youz thinks. As i made a very valid point last time, just because its BRIONI doesnt mean its passable (it may be 4.5 inches wide and from 1972 - NOT that im saying stitchys additions were BAD. But they arent bringing up teh box to where we want/need it to be). Just my opinion. Let me know

12. ThinkDerm

yes

indeed

13. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Well-Known Member

Stitchy looking to hear your input. Teh only way this box will grow is from the bottom up, and we are teh beginning of teh list

14. in stitches

i will think about it over the weekend and ship monday.

ill forgo trying to get donations, looks like that was not a well received idea. both the ties aded are recent and 3.5/3.75 inches and in perfect condition, but i will reconsider my additions.

15. mymil

mymil Well-Known Member

The issue with having only 1-2 actually good ties in the box is if none are the recipient's cup of tea, despite being "good" ties. I don't know if seeking donations is the solution or not, but it's hard to think of something better. Maybe forum favorites (e.g. Panta, Kent Wang, Howard Yount, Hober, Vanda, etc.) would be into seeding the box with their merchandise?

16. in stitches

hey folks. so, sorry to possibly delay allaboutshoues getting the box, but this is what is going down. our OP think_derm is sending me some more goodies for the TSB, and i hope to hit off 5th and last call tomorrow, and put some goodies in there too. just to get things started.

warning though, for the effort that is being put into this starting off right, if someone fucks with teh box, aka takes a lot and puts nothing/crap in, there will be repercussions. not joking at all. at the least i will shame you all over the forum. i am dead serious.

2 people like this.
  17. ThinkDerm

I think the best way is to improve the box from within. I agree with Stitches' plan outlined above.

1 person likes this.
  18. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Im looking forward to some internet besmerching laid down by stitches.

19. in stitches

also, are there any objections to me giving some of the current ties to goodwill? particularly the 2, foot thick, old as hell, ugly (imo) knits and the PSs? and maybe the ancient italian table cloth BB red mini gingham? i see no reason for them to keep getting passed from person to person. its a waste of everyones time if no one will ever want them.

opinions?

20. in stitches

i hope i dont have to, but if i do, it will be GOOD. it will be worth looking forward to.