1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Transformers Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by mafoofan, Feb 17, 2010.

1. pblasco

pblasco Well-Known Member

Dinobots was pure genius. Kids' love of giant robots + kids' love of dinosaurs = GOLD.

I remember being so excited at getting a Scorponok toy for Christmas one year.

2. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

Hmmm...well, maybe I'll rent it.

It's more fan-friendly than the first, although arguably a worse movie. I think most critics couldn't get passed the fact that robots can be characters, too.

See, THAT is the key. If people rewatch or even just think back, they did A LOT of battle in their transformed modes, and it was always when that mode was an advantage at that particular moment. Megatron usually only transformed into the powerful pistol -- which seemed, sometimes, to be more powerful than his arm cannon -- when the battle was heavily in the Decepticons' favor and he was dealing some sort of fatal blow.

Exactly right. Hell, do you remember Tripticon? He was a Decepticon battle station that transformed into a giant Tyrannosaur-shaped robot as tall as a skyscraper--hardly inconspicuous, but very useful in combat.

I remember being so excited at getting a Scorponok toy for Christmas one year.

I never got him, but I did get his Autobot counterpart, Fortress Maximus. Biggest Transformer ever made, I believe.

3. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

Exactly right. Hell, do you remember Tripticon? He was a Decepticon battle station that transformed into a giant Tyrannosaur-shaped robot as tall as a skyscraper--hardly inconspicuous, but very useful in combat.

Trypticon... the one I couldn't have... Did you have him?

4. mafoofan

Trypticon... the one I couldn't have... Did you have him?

Yeah, I did. I got him and Metroplex for Christmas when they came out. I much preferred Metroplex--never liked the bad guys much when I was little.

5. Teacher

Teacher Well-Known Member

I wanted those as well but, alas, was born to cheap parents.

6. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Well-Known Member

sky lynx was the most ridiculous transformer. he didn't even have a true robot form... yet he was british?

7. pblasco

pblasco Well-Known Member

I wonder if my mom was trying to tell me something when she gave me Megatron and my brother Optimus Prime.

8. mafoofan

sky lynx was the most ridiculous transformer. he didn't even have a true robot form... yet he was british?

Dude, in addition to his space shuttle mode, he had two separate robot forms:

[​IMG]

Just because he didn't take on a humanoid shape, it doesn't mean he wasn't in his "robot" form.

9. mafoofan

For RJman: War for Cybertron Starscream.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]