1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The "things you can't believe you just saw" thread...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gomestar, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Which app is that?

2. upthewazzu

upthewazzu Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Amazing to think that in 2013 some cities still have to deal with that crap. I'd imagine that's a lot like what Pittsburgh, PA might have looked like in the late 1800's and early 1900's.

3. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

This was the best name they could think of?

[​IMG]

4. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a dildo.

3 people like this.
  5. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Ladymatic??? I imagine some kind of hair removal/ electric shaving device..

6. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

On a related topic, I went into Brookstone today and was confronted with a wallfull of "personal massagers" on display.

They don't even try anymore to not make them look like vibrators

7. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

when I was a kid, I used to wonder why those "massagers" are shaped like giant bullets... since I often see them inside a relative's medicine cabinet...

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

9. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

I always thought medium sized bullets.

10. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

11. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    Downtown Atlanta, literally across the street from the Capitol.

[​IMG]

12. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Looks like an "open carry" movement guy. They should sit this one out because its not helping at all. Alternatively, it could be an Alinskyesque move by a gun control proponent.

13. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

Nice backpack, pleb.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  14. razl

razl Well-Known Member

OpenCarry.org's Georgia Summary (from here: http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=217 ) says:

Georgia is not a traditional open carry state. However, open carry IS legal with a Georgia permit. It is also worthy of note that you MAY openly carry a firearm without a permit in a motor vehicle.

ftfy.

I'd actually say that he's doing quite a lot; demonstrating first-hand the inalienable rights that most citizens have forgotten or don't realize they have.

15. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

guy just looks like a douche bag IMO.

thank god he's there to remind us that we can all look like douche bags.

1 person likes this.
  16. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Some people are nuts..

17. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    The best part of the whole thing was when the freedom fighter in my pic showed exactly how well he handled the weapon slung across his back by inadvertently dragging the barrel of that nice, shiny gun down the concrete wall to his right. He was clearly a well-oiled fighting machine high on situational awareness.

He was definitely pro gun. There were a bunch of gun demonstrators there that day with their AKs, ARs, etc. strapped to their backs, plus there was at least one guy in full-on Revolutionary-Era garb. It was utterly ridiculous, and I say that as someone whose gun-control stance is only a couple of steps more restrictive than, "if they're 18 and want one, they can have it."

:laugh:

I noticed the backpack, too. My first thought was that Diadora was the brand all the soccer players liked when I was in high school, and that guy didn't strike me as the soccer type.

I know the laws, but the laws don't justify his behavior.

The only thing he's doing, along with his buddies at the "demonstration," is perpetuating tired stereotypes about Southern gun owners. The whole thing was a needless display of saber rattling, and these types of displays do far more harm to gun rights advocacy than good.

Yup.

Also yup.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  18. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

Some of the gun-nuts do various open-carry stunts in Virginia. They'll get a whole group to walk into a Starbucks or whatever, with a pistol in a hostler. Basically they were just hoping someone would freak out, cops would come try to arrest them, and they could make a big speech about how open carry was legal etc etc. Eventually the cops caught on and stores started writing open carry bans into their rules. I don't think anybody changes their minds on anything, but now more people know you're allowed to open carry, for whatever that's worth.

It is weird though. I'm not terrified of guns or anything, but seeing some dude with a Glock on his hip at the store (who isn't a cop) is a little unsettling. I know he's not going to flip out and shoot anybody, but it's just so out of the ordinary and unnecessary.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  19. DextersMorgan

DextersMorgan Well-Known Member

Went out to buy a 16 port switch and at the microcenter parking lot I saw an asian woman in her late 30's with silver and pink hair!

She looked angry so I just kept driving.

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

It's funny how we all know there are people walking around with concealed weapons but seeing one is so unsettling, or at least, I'll admit to finding it a bit unsettling.