1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The "things you can't believe you just saw" thread...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gomestar, Jun 25, 2012.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

NEVAR! My dad was telling me that with the market down I could buy a huge ass house on his block in Jersey. Then I responded, yeah but I wouldn't be able to afford the taxes! My taxes are abated for 15 years. I currently pay something like $160 a year. Yep, a year.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  2. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Saw this over the weekend:

Went to a Goodwill store to thrift for vintage cocktail glasses (found a nice set of four!). There was a very old MB convertible parked out front with the top down. I noted it had fuzzy seat covers in bright pink with matching fuzzy pink steering wheel wrap. When we came out a very skinny, sun weathered old woman was in the drivers seat. She pulled her top off (sports bra on but still wish it could be unseen) and pulled a top out of the bag of clothes she had just purchased and put one of those tops on.

3. patrickBOOTH

What an insane sight. :uhoh:

4. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

Nah, I'll prolly not make it past 60.

Who knows what I will do in 8 years when my youngest is out of the nest (I'll be 45). Travel, open that small shop I've always wanted, etc. We also have property in the D.R. and could just retire there. I'll have options and can walk away clean. But for you, who knows what the market will be like when you decide to sell. Hopefully it will be good but you never know.

5. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

yesterday was a crazy day, to say the least.

traveling to NJ to see the inlaws via MTA:
    [​IMG]

now with the inlaws and stepping out of their car to go to brunch:
    [​IMG]

on the road to IKEA and we pass this at the tolls. I was actually disappointed by this picture since it really doesn't show just how tilted the SUV was, it was hilarious. You can kind of assume by looking at the other ramp-y things in relation to the SUV. Also love the guy consoling the woman and being all "don't worry, it's totally ok that you fucked your big SUV by whiffing on a toll booth enterance":
    [​IMG]

and then on the way back from IKEA we see this car on fire. It was burning for a long time before the trucks could get to it, the NJ system of highways is stupid:
    [​IMG]

so yeah, that was my Sunday.

6. imatlas

imatlas Well-Known Member

I guess that's a hypo in the first pic?

Flattened rats are the State Animal of New York, judging from my last trip.

You should totally post that pic to the Alden thread.

7. gomestar

yep on the first. The pic came out a bit grainy, my bad.

And those are RL Cordovan Marlows, but poasting that pic in the RL thread is an awesome idea.

8. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

1/2 of the junkies clustered along Third Ave near Kiehls are carrying water bottles! Some like the stoopid fashion magazine people (i.e. tiny bottle of designer h2o), some like hikers (i.e. camelback-type things). Are we as a nation in danger of over-hydration?

9. patrickBOOTH

On third ave and 14th, in front of the duane reade there are always these decrepit guys hanging by the subway station. I have no idea what they do besides be creepy and hang out.

10. Piobaire

Saw a man and woman climbing out of a dumpster in the strip mall parking lot where my usual Sbux is today.

11. gomestar

pics or it didn't happen? Surely you know of the quick access camera thing? (hit the home button to wake it up, and then slide your finger up the screen starting at the camera icon)

12. Piobaire

I was driving and I fly through this parking lot...well, let's be honest, I fly through pretty much everything. I'll try harder next time.

13. gomestar

as the creater of this threak, I will police it for pictures. Not police it for the content of the pictures, but police it for the inclusion of pictures.

14. patrickBOOTH

Here's a picture
    [​IMG]

15. gomestar

at least that's a start.

16. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

On third ave and 14th, in front of the duane reade there are always these decrepit guys hanging by the subway station. I have no idea what they do besides be creepy and hang out.\

Re the creepy guys - unfortunately the avenue is chock-a-block w/ mathadone clinics so these junkies are a constant presence. they are mostly just doing that - looking creepy & hanging out, but i'm sure there is fair amount of nefarious planning & scheming going on as well (to tht extent that junkies can plan & scheme)

1 person likes this.
  17. patrickBOOTH

I have noted the "methadone lean" on numerous occassions. Also a guy tying a belt around his upper arm in front of Raymore & Flanagan. I wanted to be like, "hey man, what is that you're doing?"

18. gomestar

the "methadone lean" is hilarious, especially when its some hobo right in the middle of a sidewalk during rush hour.

19. patrickBOOTH

It really bothers my girlfriend. She gets upset and feels bad when she sees it. I guess there is merit to that attitude.

20. gomestar

those people likely feel like they're having a 3 hour orgasm. I feel jellis.