1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The "things you can't believe you just saw" thread...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gomestar, Jun 25, 2012.

1. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

thanks, GDL!

2. gomestar

I didn'd witness this, but my other half did. There was somebody begging for money, which is nothing unusual, but apparently this person looked fairly well put together with decent clothes. Somebody took note of this, decided they were too well put together, and started hounding the person for not being poor enough to beg for money.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

an experiment:

[​IMG]

hmmm, not sure that worked (was supposed to accompany the sundress picture snapping story)

In the last week I have heard of no less than 3 women spotted topless in public (Union Sq area). I suppose it could be the same woman, as the sightings came from 3 different people, but they were on different days, the most recent being this morning.

4. gomestar

I'm taking this post too....

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Could be a great thread and WTF? to what GDL saw.

Here's one I saw on Friday: in a bit of a more dodgy area of town. Had parked and was walking through the parking lot into my destination when I see a window roll down and a lady toss a diaper full of shit out the window. The diaper was not secured I guess 'cause it went "splat" and doused the door of the car next to her with steaming baby shit. I was thinking to myself I was glad I was not walking by the window when it happened.

2 people like this.
  6. gomestar

Today I went out to pick up a chocolate chip cookie from Pret a Manger, and I saw a guy punching the air really hard. And then he started to pick through a trash can.

7. romafan

I will not give money to a beggar I see checking his messages on his iphone...

8. romafan

i had the pret chicken banh mi for lunch today, but the only strange thing was the counterperson.

9. gomestar

oh!!! The guy who is always loitering near the Pret I frequent has a cell phone. "spare change for a homeless veteran to get a bite to eat..."

I'm going to try to take a picture of it next time I see him/it.

In fact I see enough shit and always have my iPhone on me, so I'm hoping to really help this thread out with pics.

10. gomestar

my Pret is full of young and hip minorities behind the counter. Except for one really old white woman who takes forever to ring you up.

11. gomestar

Pio's story reminds me:

a few years ago, this woman, who was probably a bitch, was walking her big dog and the big dog started to poop in the crosswalk part of a street (I think it was Lexingon, so a busy street no less). Big dog = rolling pin sided poop, and she just left it there. There were people all around us musing to each other with the "uggh, gross", and then some guy yelled out as she sped away "YOU FORGOT YOUR POOP! HEY!!! YOU FORGOT YOUR POOP!!!!" and then I lol'ed.

3 people like this.
  12. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

I loved seeing the kids in college getting free books and stuff for being poor while on their fancy phones and $300 sneakers.

13. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Watching people work at Duane Reade is like watching a car crash in slow motion.

14. romafan

the new agata & valentina just opened up on university - all the local bluehairs have been waiting for this ever since d'agostino (former occupant) closed over a year ago. they descended like locusts, shoveling in the free samples and going nonstop w/ all kinds of questions/demands. the new staff are completely clueless and just learning how to use the scales, etc. you ask for a 1/4 pound of turkey and get handed a 1.25 lb. package :confused: it is quite the scene. my f-i-l calls it 'agita'

15. gomestar

they do, however, have the best orange juice I've come across in NYC. I default to Citarella now, because it's closer, but AV has a quality product.

16. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

My jaw dropped for 5 seconds. people around, security guards in the lobby... was the impulse that strong?

17. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

Once was at a bar and a woman in her 30's walked in. She was missing an arm which was a little odd. The really odd part was she had a fresh bandage on her stub. The bandage also had a little body goo seeping through. She sat down and had a drink with some dude. WTF!!!!

2 people like this.
  18. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

Probs combo of desire, opportunity and adrenaline rush.

Did he also have a mirror taped to the top of his shoe?

19. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

back in high school I saw a kid climb the railing of the deck we were on and jumped down to the football field which is about 8 feet down. his foot hit the railing or something when he jumped so he went down head first and I saw the kid lying on the field, his arm's stretched out and on the inside of his left elbow a big part of his bone tore through the skin and is sticking out.

think about 10 years ago, I entered a mall and almost got hit by this kid who was running wildly... after a few minutes I heard a loud crash. the same kid ran through a glass door. I tried to do first-aid, and when I knelt down I saw glass scooped out most of one of the kid's knee and I could see the cartilage and bone and some muscles hanging out.

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the time I fractured my right femur and the bone was sticking out through the muscle. It stung like you would not believe.